Content protection error on DRM with 0604 release

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Content protection error on DRM with 0604 release

Post by thedoomster »

"Unable to play channel: Content Protection Required No Video Data"

I'm seeing this on Win10, Chromecast Google TV and Sony Android TV tuning ch 60 (TCM). More info: If I leave the error screen open on Android TV, it eventually switches to the Settings screen. If I leave the error screen open on Win10 it stays up, but if I minimize it and then maximize it the error changes to "Unable to play channel Restart required".

I had Diagnostics on both Win10 and Android TV when I tuned the channel.

I am also experiencing some cablecard issues (missing channels) with Spectrum, a Tech is due tomorrow to check line levels so it may be due to that but I'm not sure yet.

131CC070

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Content protection error on DRM with 0604 release

Post by nickk »

Hi,

The diagnostic log shows that your tuning adapter is having problems - mostly timeouts and "temporarily unavailable" errors.

As a test, suggest unplugging the tuning adapter and running a new channel scan without the tuning adapter - see if channels play ok.

Note that we have confirmed an issue with the latest release of Androird app playing DRM protected channels on devices that do not support hardware MPEG2 decode. This is not the issue you are seeing - in your case you are not getting data from the cable plant.

Nick

thedoomster

Post by thedoomster »

Thanks Nick. Yep that worked, so that means the inability of the TA to tune that channel (and those missing channels) is the culprit here, just as I suspected. I'll pass that information along to the tech tomorrow.

thedoomster

Post by thedoomster »

Sometimes it's just the small things. I discovered the coax cable to the TA draped over a power plug and running under a subwoofer. Moved the cable away, repowered and rescanned and voila - all the channels returned and no more error on Win10. :oops: