HDHomeRun app on mac OSX

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
tdsd1

HDHomeRun app on mac OSX

Post by tdsd1 »

HDHomeRun app version 20201030 (1), two issues I'm having

1- volume is all the way low speaker icon has an x to the right and I can still hear audio

2- when I disable CC, lowering the volume until the x appears re-enables CC

Any way to resolve these two issues?

Thanks.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun app on mac OSX

Post by NedS »

For #2, maybe we should have an option that says "Auto-enable closed captions on mute" that can be turned off? Right now it defaults to always turning on whenever the volume level goes to 0, even if you turn the volume down, disable CC, volume up then back down, CC turns back on.

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

#2 isn't as annoying, but your recommendation sounds great.

Do you have any thoughts regarding item #1?

Thanks.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I believe #1 is a known issue that the dev team is looking into. I know there's some major audio-rework that has been done recently for all platforms, so they were likely waiting until that was done before diving into this Mac-specific issue. I've noticed it myself and thought I was hearing voices ;)

I will ask the dev team about this and see what we can come up with.

garethw
Silicondust

Post by garethw »

Hello.
The mac app supports two kinds of volume control: master and app. Note that if you do change this parameter you should restart the app for it to take effect.
We have tested here on a macbook pro, we have not yet reproduced the issue.
Which volume setting are you changing (master or app) and are there any specific steps you take to reproduce this issue?
Are you using any special audio equipment like a usb audio device / sound bar / av receiver etc. connected to the mac?

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

garethw wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:35 pm Hello.
The mac app supports two kinds of volume control: master and app. Note that if you do change this parameter you should restart the app for it to take effect.
Which volume setting are you changing (master or app) and are there any specific steps you take to reproduce this issue?
Are you using any special audio equipment like a usb audio device / sound bar / av receiver etc. connected to the mac?
I am using the up/down buttons in the app, when I click to lower the volume using the volume down arrow, I click the down arrow until I see an x appear on the screen (in the HR app). I can still hear the volume from the HR app very faint, but it is there.

I am not using any special audio equipment on the mac, no sound bar/receiver connected to the mac.

Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

What model of Mac?

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

nickk wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:25 pmWhat model of Mac?
mbp retina early 2015
big sur 11.2.3

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

garethw wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:35 pm Hello.
I just noticed that if i have something playing audio open in google chrome and something playing in the HD app and I lower the volume in the HD app, the volume in the video playing in chrome also lowers/raises. Is there a way to set the app to not control the volume for the rest of the audio on the mac? There are times when I want to have something playing in the HD app, for example a sports game, but listen to audio from something else, in this case, the chrome browser.