No recording facility on Apple TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
walkerx

No recording facility on Apple TV

Post by walkerx »

I've purchased the DVR subscription for a year and currently using through Kodi on the Nvidia Shield TV for viewing on 2 TV's, but another TV uses the Apple TV and as not willing to jailbreak it, I've noticed the SD app does not have any facility to record when watching on the Apple TV. Should this option be there or has this feature not been enabled through the app?

I know it's not the Apple TV as if I load Plex, Emby or Channels DVR on the unit, everyone of them can schedule a recording using there own configuration

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Re: No recording facility on Apple TV

Post by foxbat121 »

The feature is not there yet. The Apple TV app lags behind in many ways. No recording is one. No DRM playback is another.

[moderator edit - the app for Apple TV supports recording]

walkerx

Post by walkerx »

foxbat121 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:45 pm The feature is not there yet. The Apple TV app lags behind in many ways. No recording is one. No DRM playback is another.
thanks,

looks like I'll be ditching the HD software then and using something else :(

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The HDHomeRun app for Apple TV supports making/scheduling recordings, playing back recordings, as well as viewing recordings while they are being recorded.

Nick

foxbat121

Post by foxbat121 »

I can see the discover tab that was added a few versions ago. But yet, the main live tv screen still doesn't have the red record button like on other platforms. Still missing the Tasks tab to manage recording schedules.

walkerx

Post by walkerx »

nickk wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:49 pm The HDHomeRun app for Apple TV supports making/scheduling recordings, playing back recordings, as well as viewing recordings while they are being recorded.

Nick
Are the recording features only available for certain countries as there is definitely no record option on the Apple TV 4K app in the UK which is version 24052021

You have Live, Recorded and Discover, there are no task options as I get on Android devices and when you go into the settings menu all you get is send diagnostics on/off

There is no account or dvr information on this page

I'm using a Linux based system for your DVR side and had to install the non-official option as your dvr installer for linux doesn't setup the auto-restart in systemd if you need to reboot the pc.

foxbat121

Post by foxbat121 »

Discover tab let's you search shows and set recording. That's it. No Tasks tab yet.

walkerx

Post by walkerx »

foxbat121 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 am Discover tab let's you search shows and set recording. That's it. No Tasks tab yet.
so to record the remainder of the current show that can do on android without leaving the program, you have to exit to discover, find the program and then choose to record it

that is the most stupidest way to make a recording, but will check it out

any other app, plex, channelsdvr or emby I can record while watching the program