Nvidia Shield Video Stops and Audio continues

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Nvidia Shield Video Stops and Audio continues

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

I am creating a new topic since my issue isn't stuttering, although it started with the sw versions that caused/fixed the stuttering.
My 2 Prime's id's are in my profile. I have 3 NVidia shields and the only one that has an issue is the one i have updated. i refuse to update the others until this is fixed. I was having the stuttering issue on this one like everyone else. The "fix" load that came out fixed the stuttering but now multiple times a night the video just freezes while the audio continues like nothing happened. If i skip back it goes back like 45 seconds or more instead of 10 seconds, but then all is good including the spot that it stopped before. Pretty sure it happens on live and recorded, but 95% of my watching is recorded. I have diagnostics turned on, but no one commented that they checked them in the other thread.

Is anyone else having this issue?

caryh1

Re: Nvidia Shield Video Stops and Audio continues

Post by caryh1 »

Sounds very much like the issue in:
Latest Google TV (Chromecast) update - HDHomeRun not working as expected

jbahlman@gmail.com

They may be related, but mine issue is when playing a video, not when changing channels. Also i haven't had mine recover unless i skip forward or back.

jbahlman@gmail.com

I waited to see if it recovered, but after ~10 seconds the video started playing again, but the audio was off. I still had to skip back to recover.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Last night while watching a NBA game that was being recorded, the video paused and the audio kept playing. I gave it like 10 seconds and then it just went back to the recorded show screen and i had to start playing from beginning. It would be nice to know that someone is at least looking into this or make it easier to rollback the sw.