iOS app not discovering devices

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nickk
Silicondust

Re: iOS app not discovering devices

Post by nickk »

foxbat121 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 am Now my Android phone app behaves the same as iOS devices:

Google Pixel 5 with latest update.
HDHR app: latest 0514

Android TV devices work just fine.
Please start a new thread... this thread relates to an issue specific to the iOS 14.5.1 OS update (now fixed) and is not related to Android.

Nick

tperki

Post by tperki »

Having the same issue as @Haverchuck.
The problem is still not completely solved. Legacy device (HDHR-US HDHomeRun Dual) still does not work with the latest version 20210521.

Using 20210521 I get the message

Unable to play channel:
All Tuners In Use
Unknown Channel

cswaters1

Post by cswaters1 »

+1 Same here, I've updated to the newer version (thanks for the quick update). While on my iPhone I can now discover tuners I just keep getting the error message: -

Unable to play channel: All Tuners in Use

But again if i connect using Apple TV, iPad or Mac it works just fine without any issue? Any ideas? I'm using HDHomeRun DUAL Model: HDHR-EU Firmware: 20200225.

tperki

Post by tperki »

@cswaters1, how are you getting HD Homerun on Apple TV?

cschilly

Post by cschilly »

I've updated the ios app to the latest version. My tuner is the HDHR3. I'm now getting the message 'Unable to play channel: all tuners in use'. Any ETA on getting this new issue fixed?

cswaters1

Post by cswaters1 »

tperki wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:04 am @cswaters1, how are you getting HD Homerun on Apple TV?
Through the HDHomerun Apple TV app: -
https://apps.apple.com/au/app/hdhomerun ... rm=appleTV

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

PVR4Me wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:12 am Why wouldn't your prerelease testing include a fresh install? At least on a the latest iOS version. That seems like an obvious test scenario?

Craig
Fresh installs will certainly be something we test from now on.

tperki

Post by tperki »

cswaters1 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:16 pm
tperki wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:04 am @cswaters1, how are you getting HD Homerun on Apple TV?
Through the HDHomerun Apple TV app: -
https://apps.apple.com/au/app/hdhomerun ... rm=appleTV
So you are watching using the HDHomeRun app, not Apple's TV app. Alas, too bad for me. I find the HDHomeRun TV app to be a bit clunky - no, very clunky. I was hoping there was a way to use Apple TV to access the HDHR dual box. I don't have too much use for Apple TV, but this would give it some purpose on my iPad. Thanks cswaters1. Cheers.

Edit: Just discovered "Channels for HDHomeRun" in the App store. Awesome. My HDHomeRun dual runs great now.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Apple just came through with approval for broadcast discovery today.

We will release an update in the near future that supports both the preferred broadcast discovery and the new discovery approaches.

Nick