Live TV hosed

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Crash*N*Burn

Live TV hosed

Post by Crash*N*Burn »

What the H*LL happened to the Live TV software, Last time I posted to the support forums I finally got the HEVC channels to play audio on my win 10 PC and didn't use it since then since the firmware update for the 4K unit and given them the +100 channel marker. I just came and launched the Live TV app and the video is completely FUBAR. It freezes and just stops!!! This is top the point of idiotic as I have done nothing to my system since then:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: AMD 5700 XT latest drivers as of this post
RAM: 32GB 3200mhz
Storage: NVMe Boot drive and all SSD

Please any and all help would be appreciated!

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Live TV hosed

Post by nickk »

Can you please enable "send diagnostic information" in the Settings menu of the app and then post back with the Device ID of your HDHomeRun.

Nick

Crash*N*Burn

Post by Crash*N*Burn »

And where would the output file be?

Device: 10803025 CONNECT 4K
Version 20210512 (App) / 202104429b (UI)
Live TV installed from MS Store

All video plays fine in VLC, and obviously Audio doesn't play for the HEVC channels but fine in other channels.

Crash*N*Burn

Post by Crash*N*Burn »

Ok, now it seems fine. I switch the app to an HEVC channel and it played flawlessly, then switch back to a non-HEVC channel and it studders for about 5 sec and now it plays fine so far!

Still freezing on some channels

Crash*N*Burn

Post by Crash*N*Burn »

Every client I use from VLC to Kodi to NextPVR and SageTV(java) 9.x plays video solid, the hdhomerun run is the only client unable to play video reliably.

Crash*N*Burn

Post by Crash*N*Burn »

Clues?
Ideas??
Help???