Latest Google TV (Chromecast) update - HDHomeRun not working as expected

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Re: Latest Google TV (Chromecast) update - HDHomeRun not working as expected

Post by foxbat121 »

In my case, it was live TV after switch channel. Verizon FIOS.

caryh1

Post by caryh1 »

I am watching Live only (ATSC) and it happens fairly frequently as in once in every 4 or 5 times I change channels.

caryh1

Post by caryh1 »

nickk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:40 pm I have been watching recordings all day with my "Chromecast with Google TV" dongle without issue. Android TV OS version 10.

ATSC 1.0 broadcast or cable TV?

Live TV only or recordings?

Nick

Edit - the problem playing Music Choice channels has been confirmed and is being investigated.
Hi Nick,
I can recreate the issue fairly easily and a have a short video (184 MB) that recreates it if it helps. How can I get you the video?

thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Post by thedoomster »

Confirming Uninstalling/reinstalling the app doesn't help. It was fine for the first channel change or two, but the longer I watched Live TV and changed channels, the worse it got. It also affects Live Channels. Does not happen on Sony Android TV 8.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

caryh1 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I can recreate the issue fairly easily and a have a short video (184 MB) that recreates it if it helps. How can I get you the video?
Best is to upload it to a site like Google Drive and then PM me the share link.

Nick

caryh1

Post by caryh1 »

nickk wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:40 am
caryh1 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I can recreate the issue fairly easily and a have a short video (184 MB) that recreates it if it helps. How can I get you the video?
Best is to upload it to a site like Google Drive and then PM me the share link.

Nick
Unfortunately, it isn't letting me send a private message yet, but here is a link to a shared video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nSC7iEjktxAXFZeFA
Basically, it shows watching channel 4-1 (ATSC) and then change channel to 5-1 where the picture is frozen (no scrolling ticker) with audio continuing a few seconds before it also cuts out and the screen turns black. The screen then redisplays a frozen screen with audio after a few seconds (I don't think it will ever recover and will continue doing this pattern). To "fix" the issue, I press right on the dpad (fast forward even though we are live) once and the video and audio are unfrozen.

I am sending diagnostic info, and my specifics are earlier in the thread.

thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Post by thedoomster »

So are we resigned to wait for a Chromecast Google TV update, or does SD need to identify what changed made in the last Google TV update and update HDHOMERUN to accommodate/fix? Why does a FF correct the video?

And is anyone with a new TV with Google TV (like Sony or Hisense) seeing this issue?