Time shifting stops at recording time end

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ppasteur

Time shifting stops at recording time end

Post by ppasteur »

Maybe the title is confusing, let me explain. An example: A recoding starts at 7:00 PM and runs until 8:00 PM. I start playback from the beginning at 7:30 PM. I skip commercials and everything is fine. When the recoding stop time is reached video playback is also stopped regardless of where I am in the show. I am returned to the "Recordings" menu for the show I have been watching. To see the remainder of the show, I have to start over from the beginning and skip 30 seconds at a time back to where I lost playback. Needless to say, this is very inconvenient.
So the questions:

Is this a known bug? Is the problem being worked on?
Is there any fix or workaround other than letting a recording end before starting to watch a program?

Related, is there a way to set longer or variable skip forward intervals in any of the Clients?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Time shifting stops at recording time end

Post by signcarver »

I haven't seen such but it wouldn't surprise me with various engines and ui's over the years. Up arrow skips 10 minutes on recordings but up arrow is different for live as it is for the slice guide.

ppasteur

Re: Time shifting stops at recording time end

Post by ppasteur »

Thanks for the reply. But I was hoping to see whether others were seeing this. I mainly use a setup using the Client on the Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro and record engine running on a Synology NAS (Ds918+).
Both are on the latest updates. (20210404beta1 on the Synology, 20210225 client on the Shield). Though I have seen this over several of the versions over the last few months. Actually, I never put the end of recording time together with my playback stopping until I read a post on AVS (Quatro 4K thread) mentioning this as a negative when auditioning the software. So, a t least I know that it is not limited to my system.

I am interested to read whether others have noticed this. Is SD aware of the problem? What is the best way to make sure that it is on their radar and/or to get help with troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Phil