Signal Quality for HDHomerun Prime

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Rozerem

Signal Quality for HDHomerun Prime

Post by Rozerem »

I have a HDHomerun Prime and the signal strength is at 100% however the signal quality is at 74% 24.3 dB. How would I go about getting this resolved?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Signal Quality for HDHomerun Prime

Post by signcarver »

The prime should give the more important number (dBmV) rather than just % as above 100% "could" have a negative impact. About the only thing you can do is eliminate/replace splitters, cables, etc. and in most cases should try to not use an amp. In some cases there isn't anything for you to do as it must be done by the provider but to know that one would need the readings at where the cable comes into the house prior to any split and preferably at the pedistal.

Also many reporting such signal levels on the prime are just reporting the OOB levels that don't need to be that great to work well but if you were reporting levels from a tuner's status (rather than OOB), that level may cause some concern

Rozerem

Re: Signal Quality for HDHomerun Prime

Post by Rozerem »

Not sure what the issue was but started investigating as I was missing a lot of channels I had access to previously. I just power cycled the HDHomerun Prime and now signal strength is at 100% and looks like I have all my channels back! I was getting a different list of channels every time I did a scan varying from 353 channels to 365. Now I'm back at 505 channels I had previously after the power cycle.