HDHomeRun wasn't found

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
BenjyvC

HDHomeRun wasn't found

Post by BenjyvC »

I've searched this topic and find a slew of related posts, but it's like a needle in the haystack to find a post relevant to my case. When I observed slated recording not happening (not due to settings related to reruns, but like daily news), I tried the following:
  • Force Quit of HDHomeRun app in Fire Stick
    unplug Fire Stick
    rest NAS
    upgrade firmware Western Digital WDMyCloud to v 5.0
    submitted two support tickers to Siliucon Dust, no response in over a week
I see a HDHomeRun folder in my NAS under Public. If I launch HDHomeRun via the MacPro, under the Settings tool> Devices I see 104CB633 Connect (update available). I'm sure I'm missing something totally simple, appreciate any ideas.

Benjy

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHomeRun wasn't found

Post by signcarver »

You didn't say where you saw such and which version mycloud. Since you mentioned recordings I'll assume the engine's log. If that is the case, nothing to do with the client and updating firmware on nas can even cause such (I would say to make sure you reinstall engine after such update and depending on model of my cloud there is a possibility they don't have the updated engine for it though I think that is squared away now for most If not all)

Seems like you also need to update the connect's firmware and may need to get the software package for the Mac again (which should update that firmware).

Discovery is done via network broadcast which VPN/proxy can interfere with as well as needing to make sure everything is on the same subnet. Occasionally I have seen nas firmware updates cause some changes that could affect discovery, particularly if there are multiple network ports.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I found your ticket, my apologies about that. The nightly news programs are probably missing their "new" flag that is supposed to ensure they get recorded. We'll get that figured out with our guide provider as quickly as we can.

BenjyvC

Post by BenjyvC »

Thank you, I needed to reinstall the engine as you indicated. The firmware is automatically updating, now see in HDHomeRun that DVR is ready to record. Thank you!