HDHomerun Connect Duo - only recording 30sec of all my recorded shows

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
bpmoran@gmail.com

HDHomerun Connect Duo - only recording 30sec of all my recorded shows

Post by bpmoran@gmail.com »

I've been using my HDHomerun Connect Duo for several years with no issues until about 3 updates ago. I save my recordings on a legacy Thecus NAS and it worked beautifully until a few months ago. Now, all my recordings are only ~20 to 30 seconds long and then they stop. I have no idea what the issue might be. I'm running the latest updates/firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHomerun Connect Duo - only recording 30sec of all my recorded shows

Post by signcarver »

The firmware issue didn't affect the connect duos or quatros, only the older connects (without duo in its name).

Where is your engine? The record engine does not support saving to a remote system... storage must be local.. there have been some tricks that could accomplish such but after so many files/directories there could be problems. Also such can happen if you are running out of space but typically I have found it realizes that before it records.

You should check your logs of both the record engine (where recordings are saved) and the tuner (system status (I believe newer firmware may say system menu rather than status), system log)