Can't unhide

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
stytronix

Can't unhide

Post by stytronix »

Hello. At some point I hid a TV show accidentally. I forgot about it and just now realized I wanted to find out how to unhide. I found some instructions to search for .hidden. That worked great, however when I go into the show, there is no button to click "unhide". Is there some sort of configuration I can update somewhere? It must be on the server because all installs have the show hidden.

Thanks for your help!

jasonl
Expert

Re: Can't unhide

Post by jasonl »

Seems like SD broke this in a UI update since I'm not seeing the Unhide button either. It's something they'll have to fix on their side.

stytronix

Post by stytronix »

Thanks jasonl for confirming my suspicion.

Dev Team,
Could you please add this to your bug list. Not a huge deal, just irritating. I accidentally hid MLB, not knowing what I had done and now i have to search every time i want to watch. Was confused why I couldn’t find it but now at least I have a work around with search.

Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Right now I am not seeing hide or unhide in the UI... but If you really wish to unhide it you can do so from a browser:

get the DeviceAuth from the discover.json of the tuner (<ip-of-tuner>/discover.json)

do a search for .hidden

Code: Select all

http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/search?DeviceAuth=some_long_string&Search=.hidden
and get the SeriesID from the returned json (will be null if nothing is hidden for the account associated with the DeviceAuth)

then

Code: Select all

http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/suggest?DeviceAuth=some_long_string&Cmd=unhide&SeriesID=SeriesIDfromPreviousStep
(note that is one line... shouldn't be an issue in the code block but I have seen some browsers break it at the ? when viewed)

Note you will have to use the appropriate DeviceAuth and SeriesID obtained in the various steps and your DeviceAuth will change periodically.

stytronix

Post by stytronix »

Worked beautifully. Thank you so much!