No Audio on Roku App (Still - Have done my research)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ChadDiesel360

No Audio on Roku App (Still - Have done my research)

Post by ChadDiesel360 »

Good Day Everyone,

I've been having issues with receiving no Audio on my Roku HD HomeRun app. It did work at one time, but I haven't been able to use the app for months. I've tried to do my research before posting here. I've updated the app/uninstalled/reinstalled. From posts I've read, I've changed the Audio and HDMI settings on the Roku to about every combination I can try. I have tried on Roku Premiere +, multiple Roku Streaming Stick 4K's and even some Roku 3's (I know those are old) with multiple Samsung and LG TV's (some using A/V receivers and some the TV speakers). Is there anything else I can try besides moving to another platform which I would rather not do? Audio plays fine on multiple PC's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

-Chad Clark

mmortal03

Re: No Audio on Roku App (Still - Have done my research)

Post by mmortal03 »

Same here. There are people reporting this on the Roku forums, as well: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-I ... d-p/565092

mmortal03

Post by mmortal03 »

It looks like TVs and projectors without the ability to decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI aren't supported:
"To hear audio, you need a TV, AV receiver, or soundbar that can decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI. Most modern TVs can do this, though we’ve noticed a few Samsung TVs cannot."
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/roku

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

Majority of Roku devices don't have AC3 decoder which unfortunately is what all US TV channels broadcasting with. You MUST have a device that can decode AC3 connected to Roku. In addition, Roku devices also can't handle most cable channels (without DRM), can't support legacy HDHR tuners. All these make Roku the worst device to use with HDHR.