New record update errors

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
GGRussell
Device ID: 10802801

New record update errors

Post by GGRussell »

I updated my WD NAS to latest Record and there was an Android update, too. Everything seems to work as expected on Windows, but on LG app and Android, I get an error when trying to search DISCOVER tab and select a show to record. Error retrieving data....

I'll make sure diagnostics is on affected systems.

Also the Android version is crashing back to Android Home at random times even watching live TV, looking at Guide or navigating through recordings.

GGRussell

Re: New record update errors

Post by GGRussell »

Diagnostics on
Error occurred at 7:35PM Eastern on Android
Error retrieving episodes data

I didn't see a way to turn on diagnostics on the LG App. Android is on WIFI but I'm getting 140Mbps so that shouldn't be the issue. LG TV is wired.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Do you see the issue on the new DVR update, 20210301?

GGRussell

Post by GGRussell »

Will download asap and check it out. Thanks

GGRussell

Post by GGRussell »

So far, looking better on Android for me even FF seems more responsive. However, the LG App still gets the error (error retrieving episode data: request time out). The only way to recover is to turn the TV ON/OFF.
---
After restarting the LG TV, I haven't gotten the error. Have been watching live TV and watched a short recording. everything worked as expected and the LGTV app even seemed to be a little more responsive to FF and reverse during playback. The Guide is still a bit slow to pop up and out, but scrolling up/down through Guide is ok.

GGRussell

Post by GGRussell »

purchased the Tivo Stream 4K and still got the 'error retrieving data' (abt 7:03 EST). Then I can't do anything with HDHome Run App. I have to go to AndroidTV settings, Apps, Force App Stop. The launch again to get it to work. I'll have to make sure diagnostics is on all devices.

I still use the original WD 4TB NAS from kickstarter. Wondering if the drive is going bad. How can I check it?