Difficulty with HDHomerun on Samsung TV using Firestick

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
titantractor271

Difficulty with HDHomerun on Samsung TV using Firestick

Post by titantractor271 »

Hi,
I am very patient and I still like the HDHomeRun application, but others (wife is most challenged, kids figure it out) who use the remote and HDHomerun application are finding it's operation very difficult to deal with. I searched this website to read the FAQs and did a little searching and didn't find what I was looking for....

So here are the difficulties.
1) When using the guide, the ability to find a previously recorded show is difficult because it seems to be in no order. You need to scroll across the categories to find your show. Is there a way to sort this and or is there some prediction on what is shown there? (Note I have two Scribe units recording at this time.)

2) When fast forwarding a particular show, I was not able to explain how to predict the use of the fast forward and rewind features. I explained you need to use it with a delicate touch and that I've found that it seems you hold it long and the FF/Rewind will jump ahead multiple minutes. If you click, it seems to jump 30 seconds. Anything better I can explain here?

3) The ability to get from Live to Record seems difficult. I've figured out you can hit the rewind and then get to the selection at the top (Live-Record-Discover-Tasks-Setup). I have also found you can press the center button and then select left/right to get to a selector almost next to the channel icons. I've been able to explain this, but it can be difficult for some.

If you have suggestions here on the forum or something I can read on instructions. That would help. Thank you.

torb

Re: Difficulty with HDHomerun on Samsung TV using Firestick

Post by torb »

1. Do you mean in the Recorded view? The first row is all recordings starting with the most recent. The second row is all shows alphabetically. Note that it is alphabetical for the full name of the show, so for example "The Simpsons" is under "T" and not under "S". The third row is all movies alphabetically. The fourth is all sports recordings... but I've never had enough to know how they are sorted.

2. Short press FF is 30 seconds, short press rewind is 10 seconds. Up/down go forward/back 10 minutes. I think if you are pressing long on FF or rewind you are just sending multiple 30 second forward or 10 second back commands, which is probably why it seems inconsistent.

3. For my Firestick, hitting back on the remote (not rewind) when I'm in live TV takes me to Recorded. Does it not for you?

Hope this helps!

titantractor271

Re: Difficulty with HDHomerun on Samsung TV using Firestick

Post by titantractor271 »

torb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 pm 1. Do you mean in the Recorded view? The first row is all recordings starting with the most recent. The second row is all shows alphabetically. Note that it is alphabetical for the full name of the show, so for example "The Simpsons" is under "T" and not under "S". The third row is all movies alphabetically. The fourth is all sports recordings... but I've never had enough to know how they are sorted.
I have two homerun units on my machine, so the sorting may not be the same as what you're experiencing. I am having trouble determining what it is showing... I'll keep an eye the way you state.
torb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 pm 2. Short press FF is 30 seconds, short press rewind is 10 seconds. Up/down go forward/back 10 minutes. I think if you are pressing long on FF or rewind you are just sending multiple 30 second forward or 10 second back commands, which is probably why it seems inconsistent.
Is this documented somewhere or what you learned? I could not find instructions as such. That helps a lot!
torb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 pm 3. For my Firestick, hitting back on the remote (not rewind) when I'm in live TV takes me to Recorded. Does it not for you?
It does for me also. I've been doing that most of the time. I got to teach the wife. Kids learn this stuff like a sponge. Don't need to teach them!
torb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:39 pm Hope this helps!
Absolutely, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you!