Specific show stopped recording?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MkWiggy

Specific show stopped recording?

Post by MkWiggy »

I have one specific show, Magnum PI on CBS, that has "all episodes" set to record, and had recorded the 1st 3 from this season, but had since stopped recording. It had been showing in the Tasks as coming up to record, but then doesn't. Last week I was checking on it while it was on, and saw it had the red circle like it was recording, but nothing showed in recorded shows, and clicking on the red button, it said it was already recording. All other shows I have set up are still recording as well as another one on that same channel. I have the Servio. I had turned on diagnostics last Friday after seeing the last episode hadn't recorded, so hopefully it has a log from this past Friday to review.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Specific show stopped recording?

Post by nickk »

Hi,

I can check the logs - what is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick

MkWiggy

Post by MkWiggy »

1064B5B5

ebo
Device ID: 1016F746, 101C8CF9, 1041F134, 10532394

Post by ebo »

Here's a WAG (and if you don't know what that means, never mind). The actual title of the current CBS series is "Magnum P.I." It's possible the periods are being misinterpreted by the Servio's software/firmware. If so, it should happen to everyone trying to record that show with a Servio. BTW, the original series' name was "Magnum, P.I." It's currently rerunning on Charge! If you have that subchannel, you could try recording one of those shows. Or you could hunt for another show that has a period in the title.

MkWiggy

Post by MkWiggy »

ebo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 am Here's a WAG (and if you don't know what that means, never mind). The actual title of the current CBS series is "Magnum P.I." It's possible the periods are being misinterpreted by the Servio's software/firmware. If so, it should happen to everyone trying to record that show with a Servio. BTW, the original series' name was "Magnum, P.I." It's currently rerunning on Charge! If you have that subchannel, you could try recording one of those shows. Or you could hunt for another show that has a period in the title.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I would think since it recorded all of last season and part of this season using the same name, the periods shouldn't make a difference? I do have Charge on a OTA channel, so will give that a try on a noon PST recording today and see what it does.

MkWiggy

Post by MkWiggy »

MkWiggy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:36 am
ebo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 am Here's a WAG (and if you don't know what that means, never mind). The actual title of the current CBS series is "Magnum P.I." It's possible the periods are being misinterpreted by the Servio's software/firmware. If so, it should happen to everyone trying to record that show with a Servio. BTW, the original series' name was "Magnum, P.I." It's currently rerunning on Charge! If you have that subchannel, you could try recording one of those shows. Or you could hunt for another show that has a period in the title.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I would think since it recorded all of last season and part of this season using the same name, the periods shouldn't make a difference? I do have Charge on a OTA channel, so will give that a try on a noon PST recording today and see what it does.
Tried recording the "old" Magnum P.I. show, and it worked, so it's not the periods in the title.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Both tuners were busy recording other shows (Shark Tank and The Black List). Probably because of the default 30 second padding at the end conflicting with the start of Magnum. I recommend removing the recording padding from all recordings for users who only have two tuners.

MkWiggy

Post by MkWiggy »

NedS wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:38 pm Both tuners were busy recording other shows (Shark Tank and The Black List). Probably because of the default 30 second padding at the end conflicting with the start of Magnum. I recommend removing the recording padding from all recordings for users who only have two tuners.
Thank you for troubleshooting this. I've had instances where shows were cut off, so I had left those defaults, but will remove at least the 30 seconds past the end time to avoid this.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Typically such also applies to the prepadding as if the show can't start that 30 seconds early it won't.