Unable To Play Back Recorded Content

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jasonl
Expert

Re: Unable To Play Back Recorded Content

Post by jasonl »

Do you have a channel 25? Are the guide listings correct for both it and 20?

nzz20v

Post by nzz20v »

I have run multiple channel scans - channel 25 is a news channel hence why i appear to be getting audio only on recordings

channel 20 (the channel with the problem has no guide in the hdhomerun app)
channel 25 (which is a radio channel has the tv guide listings that should be on channel 20)

what i cant explain is whats happened at the SD side as my system pulls the tasks and they are pulled down incorrectly

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

My guess is that Silicondust has the guide listings for 25 set to ABC Television Melbourne instead of no listings like it should be for a radio station. SD's guide listings in Australia are all set by hand, so if there is a channel that has an ambiguous name like that, it could get set wrong. When Ned sees this he will be able to go in to the listings for your device (ID in the first post) and delete the listing for 25 and check to make sure the one for 20 is correct.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

jasonl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 pm My guess is that Silicondust has the guide listings for 25 set to ABC Television Melbourne instead of no listings like it should be for a radio station. SD's guide listings in Australia are all set by hand, so if there is a channel that has an ambiguous name like that, it could get set wrong. When Ned sees this he will be able to go in to the listings for your device (ID in the first post) and delete the listing for 25 and check to make sure the one for 20 is correct.
That was it, yep. The guide data should be good now.

nzz20v

Post by nzz20v »

NedS wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 am
jasonl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 pm My guess is that Silicondust has the guide listings for 25 set to ABC Television Melbourne instead of no listings like it should be for a radio station. SD's guide listings in Australia are all set by hand, so if there is a channel that has an ambiguous name like that, it could get set wrong. When Ned sees this he will be able to go in to the listings for your device (ID in the first post) and delete the listing for 25 and check to make sure the one for 20 is correct.
That was it, yep. The guide data should be good now.
thank you so much for addressing this - i will check this weekends recordings before confirming fixed

thanks again