Closed captioning will not automatically turn off after unmuting the vloume.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
john262

Closed captioning will not automatically turn off after unmuting the vloume.

Post by john262 »

I know it's by design that closed captioning automatically turns on if you mute the volume. But the problem I'm having is that after I unmute the volume the captions won't automatically turn off. I have to manually turn them off and that's a pain to have to do that every time. Is this also by design or is it a bug?

I have an HDHomerun Duo connected to a 2019 Nvidia Shield tube version.

Actually I wish there were a way to turn off closed captioning entirely so it never comes on, volume muted or not. Sometimes I like to have my TV on with no volume but the closed captions are distracting to me. I have no problem with that "feature" being enabled by default but I wish there would be a way to disable it if I want to. Than you for your time.

Spar

Re: Closed captioning will not automatically turn off after unmuting the vloume.

Post by Spar »

I am experiencing the same problems with the hdhomerun app on my Sony TVs. I have a 900h, 900G and 800f that all have the same problem. When shutting of the tv with closed captioning turned off, the CC will come back on when next turning the TV on after hour of time. I have also noticed that the App volume is showing it is muted, and cannot change the app volume thru the TV. Using the volume buttons on the remote will only affect the TV volume, while the app shows that it is still muted and at zero. Not sure if this is an andriod wide problem or just andriod tv.

john262

Re: Closed captioning will not automatically turn off after unmuting the vloume.

Post by john262 »

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully someone else will know what's going on.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Just to let everyone know, this is on our radar to look into.