Harmony 1 Remote / HDHomeRun / NVidia Shield TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
psg8064

Harmony 1 Remote / HDHomeRun / NVidia Shield TV

Post by psg8064 »

Is there a way to make better use of the keys on the Harmony 1 Remote to control HDHomeRun on the Nvidia Shield TV. I am using the FLIRC IR adapter on the Shield TV.

I would like to map the number keys to select channels, the guide key to the guide, etc. Right now there only seem to be a few keys I can use.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Harmony 1 Remote / HDHomeRun / NVidia Shield TV

Post by NedS »

At the moment, no, but we do plan on adding such mappings.

gab

Post by gab »

psg8064 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:07 pm Is there a way to make better use of the keys on the Harmony 1 Remote to control HDHomeRun on the Nvidia Shield TV. I am using the FLIRC IR adapter on the Shield TV.

I would like to map the number keys to select channels, the guide key to the guide, etc. Right now there only seem to be a few keys I can use.
You might want to read this thread: viewtopic.php?p=369638#p369638

psg8064

Post by psg8064 »

Ned S - Thank you for your quick reply.
gab - Thanks for the link. I read the entire thread. I guess from what I understand, what I have now for remote commands is pretty much all I can do. I've added a bluetooth keyboard which helps, but the whole setup is clunky.

gab

Post by gab »

psg8064 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:29 pm gab - Thanks for the link. I read the entire thread. I guess from what I understand, what I have now for remote commands is pretty much all I can do. I've added a bluetooth keyboard which helps, but the whole setup is clunky.
Yeah, I think that a lot of us are looking forward to getting better remote-control support. The good news is that it is on SD's roadmap. The bad news is that it might take a while to get it.