How to setup/use Switch Digital Video Services

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
marks

How to setup/use Switch Digital Video Services

Post by marks »

Optimum mentions if I use Switched Digital Video I could access channels I am now missing as a CableCard customer. I am hoping to get my Stingray music cable channels back for example I am paying for but not able to use.
I am new to this, so How do I setup/use Switch Digital Video Services. i.e.What brand box is recommended. how do I connect it. Do I need to split my cable line to go to it? how do I use it with HD homerun Prime? etc

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: How to setup/use Switch Digital Video Services

Post by signcarver »

The tuning adapter has to be provided by your provider. I have never seen music channels requiring sdv as typically they are all put on one carrier... I have seen vod or ip based music channels with some providers so I can't say if getting the TA will provide those channels.

General recommendation is to use a splitter to split the cable signal between prime and TA. Communication between the TA and the prime is done via a USB cable. With Cisco hardware, you can usually daisychain the coax through the TA but I have seen them have issue on both high and low ends of the signal output. In Moto markets the TA drops the signal nearly as much as using a 4-way splitter so typically you should never use the coax output of a moto TA.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

signcarver wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:51 pmI have never seen music channels requiring sdv as typically they are all put on one carrier...
Optimum/Altice USA moved all the Stingray Music channels and a bunch of the SD duplicates to switched video:
https://www.tivocommunity.com/community ... eo.576654/

Before that switched video was limited to the international packages, the out of market sports packages and some multiplex channels from Cinemax and The Movie Channel, so most people were fine without a tuning adapter.

marks

Post by marks »

I will make a trip to the Optimum store and see if they have a tuning adapter so I can access SDV channels such as Stingray music. thanks