Can you use other then the standard software to find channels when connected directly to PC?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Zeond

Can you use other then the standard software to find channels when connected directly to PC?

Post by Zeond »

I use the app that I found from the website and that works good but I didn't know if there was a "better looking" app I could use? Since it is connected directly to my PC I didn't know if it could work with the app from the Windows store. This is purely for cosmetic and if possible, a more fluid experience. Does anyone know? Thank you for your time.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Re: Can you use other then the standard software to find channels when connected directly to PC?

Post by foxbat121 »

If you mean channel scan, all you need is your browser. No other software needed unless you have some real old tuners that have no proper support of the modern features.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Can you use other then the standard software to find channels when connected directly to PC?

Post by nickk »

Hi,

For the HDHomeRun app to work properly and provide TV guide the HDHomeRun needs to be connected to your home network with internet connectivity.

Nick