Win 10 Viewer selection of which HDHomeRun to use

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
JPStokesSr

Win 10 Viewer selection of which HDHomeRun to use

Post by JPStokesSr »

Hi,

I have two HDHomeRun devices on my network. A HDHomeRun Prime, which is connected to the DVR in PLEX, and a HDHomeRun Connect, which I use to watch antenna TV on my Windows 10 PC.

I just installed the update to the software and firmware. When I bring up the HDHomeRun viewer, it connects to the "Prime", which I don't want to use because it would interfere with PLEX. I can't figure out how to tell the viewer to connect to the "Connect" instead of the "Prime". In the settings, I can see both devices, and both have a green checkmark. Also, in the setup application, both devices are live on the network.

How do I tell the viewer to use the "Connect"?

Thanks for your help,

Joe

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Win 10 Viewer selection of which HDHomeRun to use

Post by signcarver »

Generally you don't as any tuner is fair game.

For most people with a prime and connect that wouldn't be a problem as ota channel numbers are different than cable channel numbers so just don't view those channels. Plex has done different things over the years and I'm not sure of what it currently does but if it isn't reliant on the scan results and maintains its own results, you can disable channels on the tuner (this disables them from appearing in lineup for those apps that are 100% dependent on tuners regularly returned lineup but they are still accessible to things that don't only use that lineup.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

If you don't mind not having a guide, you can use the free VLC media player ( https://videolan.org ). All CONNECT/PRIME/EXTEND/EXPAND/SCRIBE models have a built-in UPnP/DLNA server, so a specific HDHomeRun unit will show up in VLC under UPnP, and then list the channels as "files" that will then play the live video.

JPStokesSr

Post by JPStokesSr »

Thanks - I already have VLC so I'll see if I can get that to work.