Strange problem with HDHomerun on Kodi

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jweiss

Strange problem with HDHomerun on Kodi

Post by jweiss »

Hi, I'm having a strange problem with my HDHomerun on Kodi. A while ago I replaced my old kodi PC with a new faster one. I had shows scheduled in HDHomerun and when new ones came on, it recorded them. I just recently noticed that I cannot add any new shows or even hit the record button on live TV. It says it is recording and I get the red dot but nothing ever shows up in the recorded path. I tried rebooting the Homerun box, reinstalled the software and checked it's configuration. I'm saving to the hard drive on Kodi locally. (I:\misc\recordedShows). The drive is a 10 terabyte one and it is NTFS. My device ID is 10606547. I also checked the latest firmware. Any advice on what is wrong?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Strange problem with HDHomerun on Kodi

Post by NedS »

Are you using the HDHomeRun Kodi add-on? If so, that has been discontinued and you will want to use this with Kodi instead: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71135

jweiss

Post by jweiss »

I did not know that, it was still available to download. Anyway, I removed that one and installed the one you suggested. It's there but when I go in a try to install a timer it says-the pvr backend does not support timers.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

jweiss wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 am I did not know that, it was still available to download. Anyway, I removed that one and installed the one you suggested. It's there but when I go in a try to install a timer it says-the pvr backend does not support timers.
Hi! Sounds like you may have enabled the "pvr.hdhomerun" PVR addon that ships with Kodi. The linked addon needs to be installed manually the first time since it's third-party. Can you go into Kodi / Add-ons / My Addons / PVR Clients and see what the name(s) of the addons with a check mark next to them are? The third party addon will be called "HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client".

If this is indeed the case (enabled built-in Kodi addon), you can disable it and install the third-party addon via the instructions here (assuming we're talking about Kodi Leia here): https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

jweiss

Post by jweiss »

Sir, you are 100% correct, thank you very much, that was it. :D