Unable to stop a recording early

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ddodge13

Unable to stop a recording early

Post by ddodge13 »

With the latest update I am unable to stop a recording that’s in progress. I am using an HDHomeRun prime with a Verizon cable card. A western digital nas as my server, using a fire tv as a client. Can someone tell me how to stop a recording in progress (early). I must be missing something.

rpcameron

Re: Unable to stop a recording early

Post by rpcameron »

You're not missing anything. This is not possible with SiliconDust's software.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Never has been a way with SD's DVR to (properly) stop a recording in progress (and release the tuner) that actually works other than "pulling the plug" (engine and tuner) and making sure the rule is deleted before things come back up (so delete the rule before pulling the tuner's plug)... usually the reason for stopping a recording in progress is because other things are also using tuners so it would also affect all those. In many cases deleting the rule might stop the rest from recording but it is still tying up the tuner.

ddodge13

Post by ddodge13 »

Thank you for the replies. I have another tuner so I have 6 tuners but it died and I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive. Until then I’ll have mind the tasks.