Fire TV/Fire OS won't install? Read this.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Fire TV/Fire OS won't install? Read this.

Post by NedS »

The version we submitted for the Amazon's app store does work, but it appears something has gone wrong on the Amazon servers for that copy. We are attempting to resubmit the app with the version number bumped in hopes that the "fresh" copy will work.

You can also sideload (manually install) the current version, which we can confirm will work on Fire TV devices, as a workaround if you do not want to wait for the next update:

Guide to sideloading on Fire TV: https://www.aftvnews.com/sideload-apk-a ... ownloader/

Then use

Code: Select all

bit.ly/hdhrapp
for the URL.

Aiadi

Re: Fire TV/Fire OS won't install? Read this.

Post by Aiadi »

The latest update is just not getting installed om my Firestick 4K no matter what I tried. Uninstalling and trying to reinstall from official amazon store, downloading from the above link and even from official HDHomeRun source and sideloading it. I just keep on getting an install failed message. It seems the latest update is not compatible with the firestick and it always has to be painful with HDHomeRun.

Jas1234

Post by Jas1234 »

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if it's just me and what to do.
I am glad I stumbled upon this thread.
I will just wait for next version and use plex live tv function in the meantime.

Great product BTW.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Aiadi wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:42 am The latest update is just not getting installed om my Firestick 4K no matter what I tried. Uninstalling and trying to reinstall from official amazon store, downloading from the above link and even from official HDHomeRun source and sideloading it. I just keep on getting an install failed message. It seems the latest update is not compatible with the firestick and it always has to be painful with HDHomeRun.
All the Fire TV models we've tested works with the app when sideloaded. I've personally tested it on the Fire TV stick 4K, and the 2020 Fire TV stick (1080 version). Make sure to completely uninstall the existing HDHomeRun app, then attempt to sideload using the AFTV News guide.

daveydoo

Post by daveydoo »

Uninstalling the existing app on my device was the key step for successful installation of the updated app. Thank you.

wags1

Post by wags1 »

Any word yet on when the app in the Amazon App Store will be fixed?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Amazon support are reporting the problem fixed.

gchrprime

Post by gchrprime »

I'm able to install the app on my FireTV's now.

On one of the local stations, I only get audio. The same channel works on iPhone 12, Xbox and Windows PC apps