Priority: Live vs recording?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
klaberte

Priority: Live vs recording?

Post by klaberte »

I had a tuner conflict last night which resulted in not recording my top priority series. I use a Prime with cable card (Xfinity) with 3 tuners. Worse, it is clear that the system decided to proceed recording a low priority series show that started 30 min before my highest priority series. To add insult to injury, the one of the two low-priority shows was going to be replayed about 4 hours later (over night).

Looking at the logs, it is clear that one of the problems was that someone in the house was using one of the tuners for channel surfing.

Is there any way to configure the DVR such that recorded series takes priority over live TV? In this ideal case (for me), the live TV would go blank, displaying a message that all of the tuners are busy. If someone really wanted to prioritize the live TV, ideally they would go into their recordings, select one of the ongoing recordings, and cancel it. Or even better, the onscreen message would give the viewer a choice: a) Stay on this channel and cancel recording [Name of the lowest priority series], or b) stop watching the live channel.

I doubt that I am the first to ask this, but I did do a bit of searching with little luck.