Can PVR Live use a Scribe or Servio as a DVR?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
pboggini

Can PVR Live use a Scribe or Servio as a DVR?

Post by pboggini »

I just recently dug out my old legacy HDHR device and hooked it up. I was happy to see the new HDHomerun app as it seems to work OK if not a bit clunky on the Chromecast with Google TV. By clunky I mean the button sequences seem unintuitive to me and often end up with me doing things unintentionally like pausing live TV. I stumbled upon Live Channels and PVR Live and I'm currently using that combo (due to a Live Channels bug where it doesn't appear even when installed) and that interface seems way more intuitive and I never end up accidentally pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding content. An added bonus, I can add Pluto TV channels and they appear in the same guide!

I'm now considering my DVR options and I really like the simplicity of just dropping in a Scribe to double my tuners and give me some recording ability. But, I really prefer to use the PVR Live/Live Channels combo and so I'd really like it if I could just pick up a Scribe, pay for the yearly DVR fee and then be able to DVR using PVR Live. So is this possible?

rrussis82

Re: Can PVR Live use a Scribe or Servio as a DVR?

Post by rrussis82 »

pboggini wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:39 pm I just recently dug out my old legacy HDHR device and hooked it up. I was happy to see the new HDHomerun app as it seems to work OK if not a bit clunky on the Chromecast with Google TV. By clunky I mean the button sequences seem unintuitive to me and often end up with me doing things unintentionally like pausing live TV. I stumbled upon Live Channels and PVR Live and I'm currently using that combo (due to a Live Channels bug where it doesn't appear even when installed) and that interface seems way more intuitive and I never end up accidentally pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding content. An added bonus, I can add Pluto TV channels and they appear in the same guide!

I'm now considering my DVR options and I really like the simplicity of just dropping in a Scribe to double my tuners and give me some recording ability. But, I really prefer to use the PVR Live/Live Channels combo and so I'd really like it if I could just pick up a Scribe, pay for the yearly DVR fee and then be able to DVR using PVR Live. So is this possible?
No, Only the HDHomerun APP will be able to access the Scribe to record and view recording. You will also need the yearly DVR subscription, which the Scribe purchase gives you one free year of.

pboggini

Re: Can PVR Live use a Scribe or Servio as a DVR?

Post by pboggini »

OK thanks. I had a feeling that was the case, just wishful thinking.