Suggestion for HD app (Roku)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
salsaguy

Suggestion for HD app (Roku)

Post by salsaguy »

I would like to make a suggestion for the next version of the roku app
(Sorry for posting here but I didnt see a "suggestions" forums area

There is currently no way to enter a channel # from the ROku app
We have to sroll thur a LONG left/right colum of all of our channels to get to the one we want to watch
Should be a popup with the * key to bring up the keyboard to type in the channe number to jump to OR
add a favorite channels area in the bar

Also why cant I remove all the channels I DONT want to keep from my OTA?
I scanned them but there are some I dont want to keep.
How do I remove them so I dont have to scroll thru them every time?
thanks

tredman

Re: Suggestion for HD app (Roku)

Post by tredman »

You can hide channels from the webui- click the star once to make it a favourite and then again to hide.

salsaguy

Post by salsaguy »

Yes I did that when I first did my initial scals. I have stars on all my "normal" major network channels and PBS etc but I still see ALL the other channels (1421 of them) when viewing the guide on both the HD app and Plex
Which guide do those stars apply to? Only the HD App or Plex etc? please advise

thanks

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

When you set up your HDHomeRun device in Plex it will perform a channel scan and ignore any channels that you have blocked through the HDHomeRun Config software.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

salsaguy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:47 am Yes I did that when I first did my initial scals. I have stars on all my "normal" major network channels and PBS etc but I still see ALL the other channels (1421 of them) when viewing the guide on both the HD app and Plex
Which guide do those stars apply to? Only the HD App or Plex etc? please advise

thanks
The stars don't really apply to anything at the moment. They will be used for UPnP/DLNA and to give a higher preference for DVR recordings in the HDHR DVR, but they won't appear as a different list in the HDHomeRun app. You have to click again to make a red X to remove a channel from the HDHR app.

Plex handles their own channel list in the Plex server settings.

salsaguy

Post by salsaguy »

Thanks weird. Ok well...
But there is no Red X to remove the channels, as I can see on the Homerun admin GUI where I type in the IP address of the device and where it has the menu items:
Channel Lineup
Recorded Files
Tuner Status
DVR Status
System Status
Installation Instructons

If I go to channel lineup it only shows the Stars and channel # and name andHD or no HD symbol.

Where would I find a red X to remove the channel?

thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Unfilled Star gets clicked. Marks it as favorite (as stated doesn't really do anything) and gets filled in "gold".

Gold Star gets clicked changes it to red x to disable the channel for apps that rely on the tuner providing the lineup.

Red x when clicked starts it back at "normal" unfilled star

salsaguy

Post by salsaguy »

Ok let me explain
In my HDHomerun GUI setup admin area I have the following first favortite channels all with a STAR on them
13.1, etc etc etc
And the others dont have a star on them

NEITHER Plex Guide or the actual HDHomerun app to watch TV on my laptop are obeying the stars and they are showing ALL inbetween channels that I did not mark with a Star on the guides..
Dont understand why not?
Do I need to change something? or rescan? or re-setup something?
tnanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

To disable a channel, change it to a red x on the device's lineup page. From normal, mark it as a favorite then from favorite disable it... all are the same place to click and it cycles through the 3 options. Normal (unfilled star), Favorite (gold/yellow filled star), Disabled(red x)... Normal, Favorite, Disabled. (And favorite doesn't really do anything for most apps... it was created to make a "favorite folder" for dlna based apps but most apps aren't accessing lineup through dlna)

Note the app or device may cache retrieving the lineup.json (typically retrieving such only when the app loads) so you may wish to reboot such device or restart the app.

Plex doesn't necessarily do anything with such as it may not change it's lineup until you change such in plex.

Also keep in mind legacy equipment has no such options so if you also have a legacy tuner detected, those channels are always present in apps/listing that support legacy devices (can't remember if roku sees such legacy devices)

salsaguy

Post by salsaguy »

Ok thanks. Its not intuitive that I had to cycle between 3 options. Where is that spelled out?
Ayways Ok i changed all my channels to either a Star or a Red X
Now just wish it actually did something for the HDHR guide to filter them out
Thanks