DVR discover - no tuners detected

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NBuckmaster

DVR discover - no tuners detected

Post by NBuckmaster »

HDHomerun Setup find tuners and channels. DVR setup appears to work, allows me to pick a drive, and writes the log. DVR doesn't record, and returns 'discover - no tuners detected' in log file. I've tried it on multiple windows machines.

This is my tuner; I've had it for years. The HDHomerun app works fine, displays channels, and allows me to schedule recordings - it just won't record.

HDHomeRun DUAL
Model: HDHR-US
Device ID: 10132C0A
Firmware: 20200225
Download drivers
Installation instructions

Any idea what is wrong?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR discover - no tuners detected

Post by signcarver »

DVR requires a modern device (prime, expand, extend, connect, connect duo, connect quatro, scribe duo, scribe quatro, connect 4k) that supports http streaming not a legacy device.

NBuckmaster

Post by NBuckmaster »

Okay, that makes sense! Thanks for the quick reply...

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Please open a support ticket and we can either refund the subscription or provide you with an upgrade offer on getting a newer tuner for using the DVR: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

NBuckmaster

Post by NBuckmaster »

Works much better with a connect 4K installed! But I do have question. Tuner detection still lists the old tuner, even though it is disconnected from network. Is there a way to remove it?

JDazell

Post by JDazell »

Launch the HD Homerun Setup, change the source type to "disabled" for the DUAL, RESCAN, SAVE the configuration and then re-launch the setup and the old DUAL should no longer appear.