Where is paused Live TV saved (Connect Quattro)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
_Happy_Animal_

Where is paused Live TV saved (Connect Quattro)

Post by _Happy_Animal_ »

Hello!

I was pleasantly surprised when I found that I could pause Live OTA TV with my Connect Quattro (non DVR model) when using the HDHomerun app!

But I'm really curious where this data is saved too while it's paused? It works on my Roku, Android phone and iphone.

Does it save to the HDHomerun? Or the client device? (Phone, Roku)

Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Where is paused Live TV saved (Connect Quattro)

Post by signcarver »

If you have the dvr engine installed somewhere that would be detectable by the app it will use that for non-drm protected content. If no dvr (or drm) the buffer is in ram so many devices barely can handle such. Roku can be a different story.

_Happy_Animal_

Post by _Happy_Animal_ »

signcarver wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:05 pm If you have the dvr engine installed somewhere that would be detectable by the app it will use that for non-drm protected content. If no dvr (or drm) the buffer is in ram so many devices barely can handle such. Roku can be a different story.
So it's being stored in the HDHomerun? I have no DVR.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

The buffer is stored in RAM if you are only using live TV.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

On Android and iPhone it is buffered on the client device.

Roku doesn't buffer. If will pause but when you resume it will jump back to live.

Nick

_Happy_Animal_

Post by _Happy_Animal_ »

nickk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am On Android and iPhone it is buffered on the client device.

Roku doesn't buffer. If will pause but when you resume it will jump back to live.

Nick
I just tried to pause on the Roku Ultra and it will pause live video. It won't allow me to rewind though. But it can pause for over 5 minutes and continue from that same time.