Need New recording options for movies

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
GGRussell
Device ID: 131F5AA2 ; 10802801

Need New recording options for movies

Post by GGRussell »

I'm setting Hallmark movies to record all week. When I find the movie and select it, I get Record This Airing and Record more. I usually select Record This Airing for a one time recording, but that doesn't work if I run out of tuners like recently.

Selecting Record More: Record All Seasons, Record Current Season, Record all channels, etc....
I tried Record All Seasons and Record Current Season. NEITHER flagged the future airings as possible recordings. So NONE of these seem to help from missing a recording! This seems to be an oversight. Although a movie is not a 'Season', there needs to be away to select future airings as possible recordings so users doesn't have to do this manually.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Need New recording options for movies

Post by nickk »

For a Movie be sure to set it to All Seasons (default). It won't record if you set it to Current Season.

We will remove the option completely in the next UI update.

Nick

GGRussell

Post by GGRussell »

I did select ALL SEASONS and that option does NOT select any future airings as 'potential' recordings (grey dot). It just shows as a one time recording.

We need a way for future airings to be potential recordings for missed recordings. I have already missed two movies because HDHomeRun did not select the Connect 4K first over the Prime for OTA. I just X'ed out those channels on the Prime so that doesn't happen again.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

GGRussell wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:53 pm I did select ALL SEASONS and that option does NOT select any future airings as 'potential' recordings (grey dot). It just shows as a one time recording.
That doesn't make sense. If it is a "Record More" rule every airing should have a dot, the first being red and the remainder being grey.
GGRussell wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:53 pm We need a way for future airings to be potential recordings for missed recordings. I have already missed two movies because HDHomeRun did not select the Connect 4K first over the Prime for OTA. I just X'ed out those channels on the Prime so that doesn't happen again.
That is how it works.

It sounds like you have a Record This Airing rule set up. Try going into Record This Airing and deleting the rule, then going into Record More and creating a rule there once more.

Nick

GGRussell

Post by GGRussell »

Ok seems to be working now, but honestly it wasn't earlier this afternoon. :-) Maybe this should be the default for recordings movie or has 'one time' been replaced?