Stop Servio recording, but still allow playback

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
craigwillie

Stop Servio recording, but still allow playback

Post by craigwillie »

I have 1 prime, 1 Quatro Scribe and a Servio.

I would like to watch and delete all the shows currently on the Servio and move it to a different home.

However since it is on the network to watch shows, it still records new shows. This will make it difficult to clear the Servio off and move it.

Is there a way to disable recording on the Servio, while still allowing you to watch shows currently recorded on it?
Last edited by craigwillie on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Stop Servio recording, but still allow payback

Post by signcarver »

Thats not what the Servio is intended to do but typically the servio won't record if your other engine has more free space.

I would move the stuff you want to keep off the device and then disconnect. Personally to move such off I would disconnect, pull the drive, mount on a linux box (or vm) and pull the shows from that.

craigwillie

Re: Stop Servio recording, but still allow payback

Post by craigwillie »

Pulling the drives is not feasible at my currently location (nothing to mount them on), nor desirable.

I suppose I could record 'junk' on the Servio until its free space falls below that of the Scribe if that is a viable alternative. Wish there was an easier way though.