What happened to "hide" and "record series" buttons in UI?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mike808
Device ID: (K) Extend 10522C9A ; Quatro 10740D6C

What happened to "hide" and "record series" buttons in UI?

Post by mike808 »

The UI seems to have lost its options to "Hide" any shows, and the buttons to record all shows or current season.
Installed the 10/28 release, and then the 10/30. No joy.

Also very odd, the display of stations in the setup program is way off. Several stations are missing that I can watch and record in the HD Homerun view app, and in the my.hdhomerun.com setup web pages. My Quattro sees only 32 channels while my Extend sees 68 from the my.hdhomerun.com web GUI.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: What happened to "hide" and "record series" buttons in UI?

Post by NedS »

The "hide" button will return shortly. The "record series" option is under "record more" but we are looking to improve that label/UI element.

mike808

Post by mike808 »

Good to know. Here is my same comment from another thread on the series button going AWOL.

In the meantime, I did discover that if you have a keyboard, the "Delete" key will "hide" the show. I hate dragging out a keyboard to clean up the guides whenever new shows pop up that we'll never watch. Every keyboard control action should always have an equivalent GUI-accessible mouse/touchscreen action.

And for the record, I much preferred the [Hide] [Record Current] [Record All] buttons. Individual shows could be toggled, and life was good.
If the button sizes were the issue (screen real estate), then perhaps an icon button or combo icon/text button would work?
Such as: [o Season] [o All] [Hide]

mike808

Post by mike808 »

Gotta add that the effort required to record just one episode or a one-time special (in HD with multiple later broadcasts on SD channels) is just rediculous. It is now a 7-click operation drilling through two menus instead of just a on/off toggle click.

There really needs to be a default start/stop padding somewhere in the app local settings. Surely that can be accommodated with all the effort it took to rework the UI?

consorts
Device ID: 378163771 55318008

Post by consorts »

NedS wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:09 pm The "hide" button will return shortly. The "record series" option is under "record more" but we are looking to improve that label/UI element.
does anyone know what Ned is talking about?

I just paid my $35 for another year, yet all season and episode recording options in both the PC and Android UI are still gone.

My wife is going to kill me for not being able to record her Grey's Anatomy... I'll send SD my local mortuary contact info :(

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

consorts wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm
NedS wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:09 pm The "hide" button will return shortly. The "record series" option is under "record more" but we are looking to improve that label/UI element.
does anyone know what Ned is talking about?

I just paid my $35 for another year, yet all season and episode recording options in both the PC and Android UI are still gone.

My wife is going to kill me for not being able to record her Grey's Anatomy... I'll send SD my local mortuary contact info :(
Select an episode/airing to get recording options.

Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Post by Bobstr »

NedS: The "hide" button will return shortly. The "record series" option is under "record more" but we are looking to improve that label/UI element.
Thanks! We miss the "Hide" button - it will be nice when we have it back. Any improvements in the 'remote control usability' will be appreciated.

I like the new layout for those cases where two episodes of the same show are on at the same time, as it allows easy and direct access to either episode, not just the one at the top of the episode list reached through the Discovery screen. Improvements in the usability here will be welcome. Reducing the keystrokes / remote control clicks while maintaining the pop up window concept that you've introduced will be an interesting challenge for you folks.

mike808 There really needs to be a default start/stop padding somewhere in the app local settings. Surely that can be accommodated with all the effort it took to rework the UI?
I'll agree - while you can set the start/stop padding per show or per episode, you can't set a global default (or at least that I can find).