Watch now button doesn't function in discover

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
qpe12345

Watch now button doesn't function in discover

Post by qpe12345 »

With the update to 20201113 of the app in Android and fire tv the watch now button doesn't function in discover now that watch now is in the modal popup. I am able to do other functions like record the showing or series but watch now doesn't function. I tried both the regular and the beta release but neither function.

I am also able to go to live and switch channels.

Can you let me know if there is an update coming or workaround?

Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Watch now button doesn't function in discover

Post by nickk »

We just confirmed this bug. It will be fixed Monday.

Nick

qpe12345

Post by qpe12345 »

Thank you

Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Post by Bobstr »

It seems to be fixed with version 1116b.

This would seem to be a wonderful way to fix a problem where two episodes are being shown on two different channels at the same time for a TV Show - such as NFL Football on my channels 107 and 113.

Previous behavior was to open the episodes list and click 'watch now' on the screen - this would *only* allow me to go directly to the first episode showing on the list (channel 107 for example), even if I wanted to go to the game on 113. I would then have to channel surf to the game on 113.

I'm going to hope that the new method allows me to select the second episode in the episode list (the game on 113) and click watch now, and have the UI take me to that game and not to the game that's the first one in the episode list (the one on 107).

I'll have to find a situation where this occurs (may have to wait until Sundays' football games) to test it.

I just hope that this new method to get recordings started or get to watch live TV doesn't add a lots of clicks on the remote / lots of key presses to do what we used to do with only a couple clicks/key presses. If it does - I hope that SD refines the new method to reduce the clicks/key presses to a minimum level. Quick testing on my part shows that it increases remote clicks / key presses by a few when setting up a recording for just the new season of a TV Show. I hope that SD is testing usability with remote controls *and* keyboards and not just with mice (the feel to me is very different when I try to setup a recording like I mentioned when using a mouse that with the remote or keyboard.