HDHomeRun on Chromecast with Google TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Cuvis

HDHomeRun on Chromecast with Google TV

Post by Cuvis »

Hi. Just got the new Chromecast With Google TV, and Google Play does not show it as being compatible with the HDHomeRun app (and thus does not allow installation). I went ahead and sideloaded it, and it seems to be working well. Is this an oversight, or is there some reason it's not marked as compatible?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I just found the reason. Some channels work fine, but others give an error that says, "Unable to play channel: (android) audio playback failed". I have both a Prime and an Extend in my home, and this seems to occur on some, but not all, channels on both devices. This seems to carry over into DVR recordings as well. What info do you need to troubleshoot this?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun on Chromecast with Google TV

Post by NedS »

Go into the HDHomeRun app settings and turn off AC3 audio passthrough.

Cuvis

Re: HDHomeRun on Chromecast with Google TV

Post by Cuvis »

Interesting thing there. I went into the settings, and "Use AC3 pass through when possible" was already off. However, I turned it on and then off again, and that appears to have resolved the issue. Very strange.

Thanks for the help.