My issues with HDHomerun

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ratoshigan

My issues with HDHomerun

Post by ratoshigan »

Background information: I use HDHomerun on my Windows 10 PC with a Connect Duo as my tuner. The app is installed through and kept updated by the Windows Store. These issues have been happening for a long time (over a year) and finally bugged me enough to try to do something about them.

1) I can't watch TV if my internet connection is off. Previously, I could watch TV just fine using the app, but wouldn't have access to the guide. At some point this changed and I'd like to be able to watch TV with no internet connectivity. If I don't have a guide, I can just channel flip like in the old days before guides.

2) After launching the app and opening the guide the first time, the guide does not work correctly. Mouse clicking brings up the guide; however, the mouse scroll wheel that would move the highlighted channel up and down has no effect and you can't mouse click the arrow for more detailed information on the current channel. I have to close the guide and reopen which then causes it to work again as expected.

3) Alt tabbing to a different window often causes the app to stop broadcasting the audio feed after a brief pause until it's the active window again or closes the app entirely. The only way I've found to have it continually work while in the background is if I launch the app and immediately switch to a different window before it begins broadcasting. It will play the audio in the background indefinitely. If I ever make it the active window, it suffers from the effect described in the first sentence.