Network RecordPath Linux

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ajmitchell77

Network RecordPath Linux

Post by ajmitchell77 »

I have the DVR installed and working on a Linux Mint 20 computer. I want to set the record path to record to my local server. After trying every which way I can think of, It seems as though this is not possible. Any suggestions?

rpcameron

Re: Network RecordPath Linux

Post by rpcameron »

Mount the network volume to a static mount ("/mnt/dvr" seems fitting), and reference that path in your settings. You'll probably also want to add that network mount to your fstab so it persists across reboots.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

We don't support recording to a mounted network share from another system.

The most common network sharing approach is the Windows SMB/CIFS protocol (samba on Linux). There is a limitation that you can only get change notifications for 62 sub directories - once you have more than 62 different shows you get all sorts of problems relating to not being able to get change notifications.

To avoid these problem the record engine will not use a path it detects as being a mounted network share.

Nick

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

ajmitchell77 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:23 pm Any suggestions?
Run the DVR on your server.

ajmitchell77

Post by ajmitchell77 »

Thanks for the information. My server is running Open Media Vault (debian) so this should be able to work, correct?
Last edited by ajmitchell77 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

ajmitchell77 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:00 pm Thanks for the information. My server is running Open Media Vault, so I guess I will have to stick with my current setup.
You can use docker to run the DVR on OMV: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=73757

ajmitchell77

Post by ajmitchell77 »

Awesome, will give it a try! Thanks

ajmitchell77

Post by ajmitchell77 »

I must admit I am a complete noob at Docker. After watching hours of YouTube videos and searching the web, I still cannot get this running on OMV. I frankly don't even know where to start. I have the Docker plugin insalled and running. Are there any instructions? Help please, thanks!

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

ajmitchell77 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:42 am I must admit I am a complete noob at Docker. After watching hours of YouTube videos and searching the web, I still cannot get this running on OMV. I frankly don't even know where to start. I have the Docker plugin insalled and running. Are there any instructions? Help please, thanks!
It's a little weird if you've never used Docker before. I'll try to throw together a guide. I'm pretty sure I still have OMV running on a Raspberry Pi somewhere in my house, if I can find it.

ajmitchell77

Post by ajmitchell77 »

That would be great, thanks!

ajmitchell77

Post by ajmitchell77 »

Update: I never did figure docker out but was able to install this to the OMV server following the normal Linux installation. As far as I can tell, everything is working as it should and all network pc's (3 linux mint 20 boxes) can view and record using zuki pvr and kodi.