Cannot delete tasks in DVR.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nickk
Silicondust

Re: Cannot delete tasks in DVR.

Post by nickk »

The UI/Recording Rule fix was released more than a week ago.

I can check the recording rule - what is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick

alangant

Post by alangant »

RE: cannot record NFL. by amstaff.

I have a perhaps related, but different, issue. When the delete issue first appeared, I noticed that my NFL "record one team" changed to record all NFL games. Based on your posts here, I have been afraid to make any changes to that task. I delete every game right after it is done, if I don't want it. Based on your ongoing issue, I am not in a hurry to do anything. At least in my situation, I don't miss recordings, I just get too many!

Please keep us posted on your situation; it looks like SD is looking into it now.

Thanks,
Alan

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the new UI in setting up NFL recordings for certain teams and channels (my cable provider has everything DRM so I only include OTA channels, toying with the idea of also including cable equivalent). Now to see if they actually work come Thursday (I don't anticipate problems). I do think the new UI is more tailored for that purpose rather than record a series which I prefer the old method in the app.

One suggestion I have though is to sort the teams alphabetically rather than the way it is (I believe it may be by air date) and possibly ones set to record on top (trying to think if that is necessary). For some a more complete team list may be needed as their team may not be airing in the next 2 weeks if out of market... One future possibility to do so would be to have a TeamListURL for the series, and this TeamList may also eventually provide "logos" for the team (licensing issue?).

amstaff

Post by amstaff »

nickk wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 pm The UI/Recording Rule fix was released more than a week ago.

I can check the recording rule - what is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick
Thanks Nick.

HDHomeRun CONNECT Device ID: 104EB8A1
Model: HDHR4-2US
Firmware Version: 20200907
HDHomeRun RECORD version: 20201025

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

amstaff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:21 pm HDHomeRun CONNECT Device ID: 104EB8A1
Model: HDHR4-2US
Firmware Version: 20200907
HDHomeRun RECORD version: 20201025
You have 4 recording rules but no recording rule for the NFL.

What happens when you try to create a recording rule? (search for NFL, click on an episode, and select Record More)

Nick

amstaff

Post by amstaff »

I can schedule a NFL recording and delete it no problem, but the recording will not show up under my recordings no matter what combination I use (series/individual).

Even if I am watching a NFL game and hit record, same deal.

I do see a red recording icon under discovery for NFL, and it appears in tasks, but never shows up in my recordings.

I can record everything else no problem which is strange. My first issue however was the recording of NFL so maybe its related?

amstaff

Post by amstaff »

I just set a NFL recording for the season so you can see how it looks on your end.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

amstaff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm I just set a NFL recording for the season so you can see how it looks on your end.
Rule now present - All channels, all teams, current-season only, 30min start padding, 1 hour end padding.

Nick

amstaff

Post by amstaff »

nickk wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm
amstaff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm I just set a NFL recording for the season so you can see how it looks on your end.
Rule now present - All channels, all teams, current-season only, 30min start padding, 1 hour end padding.

Nick
Cool thanks for checking Nick.

I've been able to set recordings since the initial fix where I couldn't delete tasks no prob, it just doesn't actually record/show up in recordings.

I will leave it in there as is and report back when the next NFL game is supposed to record.

Any thoughts on nuking my account on your end or me trying the beta?

alangant

Post by alangant »

I am now able to delete tasks. However, I have a question about the new UI for setting up tasks.

For the NFL, I wish to set up two different tasks: one to record all channels of one team, and a second task to record all airings on a specific channel. In the old UI, I was able to do this.

Now, when i try this, setting up the second task replaces the first task. Is there a way to accomplish this goal with the new UI?

Thanks!
Alan

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

alangant wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:14 pm For the NFL, I wish to set up two different tasks: one to record all channels of one team, and a second task to record all airings on a specific channel. In the old UI, I was able to do this.
Now, when i try this, setting up the second task replaces the first task. Is there a way to accomplish this goal with the new UI?
That isn't possible unfortunately.

There is on series rule, and in that rule you can optionally limit the channels to a specific set and optionally limit the teams to a specific set.

You can have any number of one-time-recordings in addition to the series rule.

Nick

dcalder
Device ID: 131A7D9D HDHR3-CC

Post by dcalder »

There is one situation where you can't do one-off recordings that I have come up against.

In my guide, all the episodes of schitt's creek have incorrect season/episode and title information (it's all wrong on almost every episode). Consequently I have to one-off record every show on every channel and view each one in hopes that I find one that I have not seen. Today, I got two recordings that had different and wrong everything for both recordings, but they were both the same episode that I had not seen. That is why I have to record and view every episode as a one-off. Oddly the show times are always correct (I always get schitt's creek)

The problem is that if two channels have the same episode info (likely incorrect) at the same time, you can not have both set to record one-off. It will just flip the red dot between the two.

This very rarely happens (only twice in the dozens of recordings I set for a one-off), so no big deal, but I thought you might like to know. The system can get tripped up with incorrect guide info. So a blanket "record every episode no matter what you think I saw, even if you think it is the same episode" would be useful in this rare circumstance. I would then preview and delete the ones I've seen.

amstaff

Post by amstaff »

Deleted and reinstalled again, but this time I set up a new recording location.

Everything working now and I can record NFL no issues.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

I only record on 4K channels and NFL, College Football, Baseball games all record just fine. However, I noticed that sometimes when two 4K channels are broadcasting two games at the same time, I saw two channels are recording but only one game shows up in the recorded list. Not sure if that is guide issue (FIOS 4K guides are very unreliable) or else.

jpwav716

Post by jpwav716 »

jpwav716 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:14 pm
NedS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:09 pm Sorry everyone, we should have this working again soon. The system is being reworked right now and part of it has hit a snag, but the developers are on it.
Thanks. I checked in last night and downloaded the beta software. Everything seems to work as it should so far. (Except the installer said the install failed). I tried several things, copying the folder from my Catalina disk to my Big Sur disk, installing with Pacifist, manually extracting the package items with Pacifist and dragging them to the appropriate folder. Ran the installer again... Still said it failed but it seems to work as it should. I can add and delete tasks and I can record by schedule or from the Live TV window.
I filed a support ticket, but thought I would check here. Installs still fail, but I was wrong about it working as it should. It does not. Pacifist reported 2 items missing from the app install.

Any idea when it will be fixed? Been without DVR for quite a while.