DVR recording problem

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
IRJ

DVR recording problem

Post by IRJ »

Two times today I had set up the DVR to record using my HDHR Prime I had the same problem.

There seemed to be a temporary signal problem and when viewing the recorded program the screen struggled for a moment and then froze and then I was booted out with the screen going back to the screen showing the original program which has been recorded. When I hit replay the program played again until it reached the same spot and replay was ended.

The DVR DID NOT carry on recording the program, but ended the recording process after the temporary signal glitch.
So it seems if there is any slight momentary issue with the signal the DVR automatically voids recording any further.

If it helps:
I am using the latest Nvidia Shield with an attached fast SSD 2TB Samsung.
In both cases the channel was NBC SN.
Programs IMSA race and Liverpool FC.

IRJ

Re: DVR recording problem

Post by IRJ »

Has nobody else had the same problem re stopping of recording early?

jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

My experience is that it always picks back up and continues. You should look at your logs for that day and see what it says. They are in the same directory that it saves your recordings and labeled by the date. The time will be different based on your offset from gmt or whatever they use in the logging.

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

I had the same problem with my Scribe Quatro.
After making the following changes I do not have the problem any more.
1. installed an LTE filter at the antenna input of the Scribe Quatro.
2. installed a better antenna
3. installed the DVR software on my WD MyCloud NAS.

May I ask you two questions?
1. Were you watching a recorded show (or using your Nvidia Shield) when your recordings failed?
2. What type of antenna are you using?