Amazon Firestick and Audio Sync Problems (Again)(Again)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
toppinglift

Amazon Firestick and Audio Sync Problems (Again)(Again)

Post by toppinglift »

Hi All,

In September when I last wrote, audio sync problem in DVR playback was solved by firmware upgrade. Today, audio in the DVR playback is at least 15 seconds behind video with stuttering. I have the AC Passthrough off and am current with all updates. HDHR Live programming is not affected.

Is this a chronic problem with the Firestick 4K? Can someone help in the forum or do I need to put in a Trouble Ticket? I thought others may be having the same recurring problem so I am sharing in the forum. Thanks.

komobu

Re: Amazon Firestick and Audio Sync Problems (Again)(Again)

Post by komobu »

found a solution yesterday that worked for me, but my audio was only off by a little.

I am not at home now, but go into the fire stick 4k settings and click Display& Sound. Then Audio. Then change "Surround Sound to "Stereo"

Next go to Match Original Frame Rate from the Display Settings.

Hope it works for you

MikeCC

Post by MikeCC »

I have this issue randomly. The only thing I’ve found is power down my Quattro and power it back up. Very frustrating for sure.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

MikeCC wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:38 pm I have this issue randomly. The only thing I’ve found is power down my Quattro and power it back up. Very frustrating for sure.
That sounds like coincidence. Rebooting the HDHomeRun should have zero impact on A/V sync. A/V sync is a client/viewer/app issue.

toppinglift

Post by toppinglift »

Thanks komobu for the Firestick 4K audio settings suggestions. I am trying them now and will report back if it solves the sync problem. MikeCC writes that he sees sync occurring randomly--that's been my experience too. In fact, just after I wrote my first post in this chain, the sync corrected itself for a few days, and now (as of this morning) it's out of sync again. This seems to be a recurring problem with the Firestick, I've been intermittingly posting about it for almost a year, and so have others. The unusual part of the sync is that at least for me, it only occurs in shows recorded in the DVR, I don't get it in the live broadcasts. That should be a clue to someone at SD.

Is this an Amazon issue which SD cannot solve from its end? Anyone from SD care to answer? Thanks.

MikeCC

Post by MikeCC »

I had it again today. Restart Quattro, no change. Restart HDHomeRun app on fire stick, nothing. Checked sound settings, they were already set. Adjusted video to 2160, 60 hz. Nothing. This is really annoying.

Restarted fire stick and it seems better now.
Last edited by MikeCC on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeCC

Post by MikeCC »

NedS wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:08 pm
MikeCC wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:38 pm I have this issue randomly. The only thing I’ve found is power down my Quattro and power it back up. Very frustrating for sure.
That sounds like coincidence. Rebooting the HDHomeRun should have zero impact on A/V sync. A/V sync is a client/viewer/app issue.
So are there any solutions?

toppinglift

Re: SOLVED (Maybe)-Amazon 4K Firestick and Audio Sync Problems (Again)(Again)

Post by toppinglift »

Hi All,

I am happy to report that I made the changes suggested by Komobu last month (10/20 post) and they appear to be working so far. The problem with this Amazon 4K FireStick audio lag issue is that I never entirely understood why I had had it many months before, and then it suddenly corrected itself without any intervention by me. HDHR and the FireStick operated normally from that point until this second time in October when the audio lag appeared again.

So, Komobu's suggested adjustments may have been responsible for removing the lag, or it was a coincidence and Amazon or SD corrected it with an update. I'm not sure. But if you continue to have this problem, try Komobu's suggested adjustments and see if it will work for you.