How to register the connect 4K

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Stevewashere

How to register the connect 4K

Post by Stevewashere »

I have set up my device.
I want to get the DVR and guide registered so I can make use of the free subscription I get.
How do I do that?
I need an activation code but I do not know how and for some reason my forum credentials do not work on the my account side of shop
Any ideas anyone please?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: How to register the connect 4K

Post by signcarver »

What free subscription?

One would purchase a dvr subscription (or use the one year free that comes with and linked to servio/scribe).

Stevewashere

Post by Stevewashere »

I get it is not strictly free but a package with a new purchase.
Same problem though how do I get an activation key?

Stevewashere

Post by Stevewashere »

Just to clarify, I have a new device, I get one year DVR/guide but I cannot figure out how to get it.
I got to an account/registration page but it wanted an activation code.
There is no option to register and it is that code is what I am looking for

Stevewashere

Post by Stevewashere »

Another point if it is what is causing the issue,
On the Servio page I have a red x next to Version 20190603 if I click on that it takes me to a page that says Easy Installation Guide
That page then has Step 1 2 3 below but everything is blank
Could that be connected?
Thanks
Steve

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

You purchase the DVR subscription. An email gets sent out and you click the link. Note that there can be issues with such link as there can be issues with http discovery (I e. your browser balks at a remote pages request to a resource on your LAN or your is frequently changes your public ip, etc.) In those cases you open a support ticket. Once a tuner gets associated to such paid account, to add another tuner just launch the app with both devices seen and that should associate your new tuner.

If for some reason you haven't purchased the DVR subscription but think you should get one, open a support ticket (i.e. some retail units on or in the box might have suggested you are entitled to some form of trial but my understanding that program ended long ago but they have been known to still honor it in certain situations)

If the subscription is based on purchase of scribe/servio you don't really get a subscription but a year of service is included and authorization is through that particular device. Your other tuners don't get directly added to an "account" but are usable with the service.

Edit: Since you stated Servio... yes you will want to update that with new firmware. Until you actually pay for the DVR, your service subscription is tied to the Servio (only) and must be seen so the record engine(s) and apps report it's DeviceAuth. The servio (or other dvr engine) will use the other tuners on your network but the Servio must be seen for that "free" service.
Last edited by signcarver on Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevewashere

Post by Stevewashere »

I did purchase Servio, so I guess I have that subscription.
At present I can see 48 hours of guide, I thought it should be 14 days?
So I can email tec support
What does the red x on the firmware upgrade page mean?
Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Everything happens automatically when a SCRIBE or SERVIO is connected. The only thing you might need to do is an initial firmware update from a PC, then after that the my.hdhomerun.com link will work for future updates:

For updating using a Windows PC: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/update# ... windows_pc

For updating using a Mac: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/update# ... from_a_mac

For updating using a Linux-based system: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/update# ... a_linux_pc

Stevewashere

Post by Stevewashere »

Thank you, that worked.
The Servio is seen by the tuner
I also have 14 days of program guide.