my.hdhomerun.com shows two RECORD but one has red-x

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
cqcq42

my.hdhomerun.com shows two RECORD but one has red-x

Post by cqcq42 »

My NAS (a MyCloud 2TB) was showing signs of failing, so I tried to switch the record engine from it to my desktop.
I am running Windows 10, but when I went to look for the configuration/setup tool, I could not find it. (Once configured and the App is installed, is it possible to delete the Program Files SiliconDust folder and still have everything work?)
Anyway, I downloaded and ran the Windows installer and unchecked NAS recording and checked the local recording and Applied.
I launched the App and was surprised to see all my recordings. I had assumed that relocating to an empty folder would show no recordings. I tried a test recording which confirmed that the recording engine was still using my NAS. Although the newly created local HDHomeRun folder (under Users\Public\Recorded TV) did have a log file, it had no recorded programs. I tried to kill the test recording and successfully deleted it, but my Prime still shows one tuner in use.
I checked my.hdhomerun.com and it shows my Prime running Version 20200907. It also shows two RECORD panels: one with Version 20201014 and a green check mark; one with Version 20190815beta1 and a red X.
The bizarre thing in all this is that I can access my recordings from my desktop and from some iOS devices, but I cannot access the drive from Windows File Explorer or from an iOS App that lets me browse files on the drive.
How can I switch recordings to my desktop until I've had time to resolve my NAS problems?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: my.hdhomerun.com shows two RECORD but one has red-x

Post by signcarver »

You can have multiple record engines. Typically the engine with the most free space will do the recording. To have only one engine, you must make sure to shut the other one down.

Either way, I would probably update the engine on the one with the X.

cqcq42

Post by cqcq42 »

Since the red-x engine is on my NAS - which only HDHomeRun seems to be able to access - I don't see how to do that.
BTW, if I click on either RECORD panel in my.hdhomerun.com it takes me to non-functional pages in three different browsers. Guess I will unplug the NAS and see if recordings go to my desktop.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Follow the normal installation steps and it will update (all recordings and settings will be preserved): https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:nas:wd