Quatro Scribe Live TV freezes

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
craigwillie

Quatro Scribe Live TV freezes

Post by craigwillie »

I have opened a support ticket on this issue, but have not heard back from SD yet. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I have a Quatro Scribe & Servio. When watching live TV, the picture will freeze, then the screen goes black for a second or two, then the live TV picture resumes. This behavior almost always occurs at exactly 30 minute intervals.

It occurs on multiple HDhomerun clients (I use FireTV and Android phone app). If watching from multiple HDhomerun apps at the same time, the error occurs on both simultaneously. However it also occurs when only watching from one client.

The issue has been observed on different channels.

Odd that it happens at the 30 minute intervals, and is not dependent upon a particular client platform.

The Quatro Scribe replaced a Prime and I do not recall having these issues with the Prime. Both devices use the same clearqam cable source, and the prime did not have a cablecard.

Any ideas?

shawn_75
Device ID: 151032EF

Re: Quatro Scribe Live TV freezes

Post by shawn_75 »

Do you have your DHCP leases set to expire at 30 minute intervals? Not sure that a DHCP expiration/renewal would cause this, but I'd look there first.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie »

The system log only shows the IP reservation at power-on.

Hopefully SD will have some time to look at the logs on their end.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

craigwillie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm I have opened a support ticket on this issue, but have not heard back from SD yet. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I have a Quatro Scribe & Servio. When watching live TV, the picture will freeze, then the screen goes black for a second or two, then the live TV picture resumes. This behavior almost always occurs at exactly 30 minute intervals.

It occurs on multiple HDhomerun clients (I use FireTV and Android phone app). If watching from multiple HDhomerun apps at the same time, the error occurs on both simultaneously. However it also occurs when only watching from one client.

The issue has been observed on different channels.

Odd that it happens at the 30 minute intervals, and is not dependent upon a particular client platform.

The Quatro Scribe replaced a Prime and I do not recall having these issues with the Prime. Both devices use the same clearqam cable source, and the prime did not have a cablecard.

Any ideas?
This is my bad, I was going to reply to your ticket the other day and had some issues getting the log files, put the window aside, and forgot to finish up on it. My apologies for that. It sounds like something is happening with the DVR (either on the SCRIBE or SERVIO) that is causing a "blip", and I will run this past the developers and see what we can find out.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie »

NedS,

No worries. You guys recently went above and beyond to get the Scribe/ DVR working at our new place with Senior.TV. Couldn't be happier. Most companies would just say "sorry, we don't work with that".

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie »

Have you had a chance to review the log file for this issue yet? Detailed timestamps are in the original support ticket.

Although the frequency of the issue seems to have diminished, it did happen again today ~ 245pm eastern US

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

This is turning into a real head scratcher. Signal levels look great, the read and write times on the hard drives look great, and no sign of network packet loss that I can see. I'm wondering if we're going about this the wrong direction, and the actual signal might be fine and the issue might be with playback in the app. Let's enable app diagnostics and see what we can expose with that. Also, we're close to the HDHomeRun hardware diagnostics being turned off, so let's re-enable that as well:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Open the HDHomeRun app
  6. Go into the app settings: the gear icon in the top right corner of the "Live/Recorded/
  7. Discover/Tasks" page
  8. Enable the option to Send diagnostic information