Plex Top Black Bar

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
yanksno1

Plex Top Black Bar

Post by yanksno1 »

Hi, with my SiliconDust HDHomeRun - CONNECT on some channels on my Plex Live TV & DVR I get a Top Black Bar. Checking just using the HDHomeRun App and my TV Tuner I don't get it there at all. Anyone know what's going on? I asked on the Plex forums and no response haha. Hopefully someone can give me some insight here.

yanksno1

Re: Plex Top Black Bar

Post by yanksno1 »

Here are some photos. It’s really hard to see cause I have an OLED so it blends in with the bezel (that’s the key to look for on the other 2 pics). But if you look at the last 2 pics, you’ll see it how it should be (at least how it should look on the top with no bar). The first one, you’ll see a bar there. The top 2 photos were done off an Apple TV 4K. The HDHomeRun app won’t work with my ShieldTV 2019 tube one right now for some reason. On the second image in the HDHomeRun app I see the framing off on the right side. Think that’s what’s going on with the HDHomeRun? And the antenna hooked up directly to the TV is perfect, so it's def the HDHomeRun or Plex.

Plex App

HDHomeRun App

Antenna hookup to TV

I bought a new HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO just to see if I was getting it there too and I am (same thing as my old one). Any reason to keep the new one you think over my old HDHomeRun CONNECT? Right now I’m leaning toward returning it since I’m having the same issue. Any help here?

yanksno1

Post by yanksno1 »

Here's some pics of it happening in HD.

Plex App

HDHomeRun App

Antenna hookup to TV

So this is on my CBS 4.1 Miami station, on my 12.1 WPB station I don't get it. So weird. This def has to be a HDHomeRun, since it's not happening with my hookup directly to the TV. Anybody else have any insight what might be happening? I was really disappointed the new one had it too. That went back. Wished they'd fix this.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It's probably encoded into the video like that. The TV might just be overscanning by default on the internal tuner.