New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

markhewitt1979 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:19 am
NedS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm
markhewitt1979 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:26 am I remember I got an email a little while ago saying that the HD HomeRun app was available for LG webOS now so partly because of this I figured an LG TV would be a good choice for Christmas.

However now I see that it isn't available to download in the U.K. Despite me being emailed to say it was available. I'm now stuck with a TV that doesn't have all the features I was looking for.
We are in the process of getting the app approved by LG for DVB-T/T2/C countries.
This isn't like some Apple process that takes a few days. It's been nearly three months.
It's not like some Apple process, because it takes longer and involves us sending LG a physical HDHomeRun tuner for them to test with. They have to test and approve this. They control their app platform. It's the same LG app code, but LG wants to approve it regionally.

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Has this been released yet ? Or any update on delay. Thanks.

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Seems a long time to review the app. Even if they did need to send them a HDHomerun to test.