New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

wtg wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 am
NedS wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:57 pm
wtg wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:22 pm @NedS, any word on when and if the DVR service will be supported?
The DVR service is already supported in the LG app.
Except a number of us have reported that it doesn't. Instead we receive the message "Your HD HomeRun DVR wasn't found."
Sorry, I got my mental notes all mixed up, probably thinking of the Apple TV app that just got DVR support. I will ask the dev team about the status of the LG DVR bug.

vbyte

Post by vbyte »

I'm still having an issue where my LG OLED B6 is not playing any DRM enabled channels when I use the LG HD app. Is there still a patch/fix in the works for the app for this issue?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

vbyte wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am I'm still having an issue where my LG OLED B6 is not playing any DRM enabled channels when I use the LG HD app. Is there still a patch/fix in the works for the app for this issue?
DRM isn't supported LG currently. I believe the dev team is still looking into if it's possible, and then they will work on implementing it. CableCARD requires that we do certain things whenever dealing with DRM restricted channels, so it's less about the technical ability and more about making sure the app follows the correct rules.

loicvan

Post by loicvan »

I get an error when launching the HDHomerun app on both my LG C9 and LG CX: Error while trying to discover devices: InvalidCharacterError: Failed to execute 'atop' on 'Window': The string to be decoded is not correctly encoded.

https://imgur.com/a/hxwvrqy

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

loicvan wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:19 pm I get an error when launching the HDHomerun app on both my LG C9 and LG CX: Error while trying to discover devices: InvalidCharacterError: Failed to execute 'atop' on 'Window': The string to be decoded is not correctly encoded.

https://imgur.com/a/hxwvrqy
If you unplug your older DUAL unit, does the LG app start to work?

loicvan

Post by loicvan »

yes, it did fix it.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

loicvan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:26 pm yes, it did fix it.
We should have it fixed with the next update for LG, so that you can keep the DUAL plugged in for the future.