New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
signcarver
Expert
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36
x 24

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by signcarver »

Make sure you post what model LG as the newer LG TV's worked well with the 4K units "long" before the ATSC 3 channels worked on most other platforms. Also if you have an old legacy unit you apparently have to remove it for the lg app to work as it can't support the legacy units but detects them.

ecf
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by ecf »

Sure, it’s a newish LG OLED65B9. There are no other HDHomeRun devices on the network. Just to clarify, the problem is exclusively that it doesn’t see the DVR, everything else is fine with reception of live TV.

NEILBATCHELOR
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NEILBATCHELOR »

Why are you not offering the app in the U.K. on 2018 LG models?

It works on my Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, Xbox but not my LG. When you release an app you need an all regions release please. Thanks Neil

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 76

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

NEILBATCHELOR wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:31 pm Why are you not offering the app in the U.K. on 2018 LG models?

It works on my Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, Xbox but not my LG. When you release an app you need an all regions release please. Thanks Neil
LG wanted to specifically test and approve the DVB regions before enabling the app in those countries. The app itself already works for everyone, and we're now waiting for LG's stamp of approval. The LG app being enabled for all DVB countries should be going live very soon.

mrquietus
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 pm
x 4

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by mrquietus »

Enjoying the new app on my LG 2019 C9 From CostCo. I have also been able to use my TV as another testing platform for the new ATSC 3 channels and Quatro 4K in my area. It has been one of the most stable playback mechanisms for the ATSC3 channels so far.

SageMyth
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 7:39 am
x 1

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by SageMyth »

mrquietus wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:01 am Enjoying the new app on my LG 2019 C9 From CostCo.
I too have an LG 2019 C9 OLED TV from Costco and I just got around to comparing the HDHR LG app to the HDHR Nvidia Shield app.
I record college football games with the HDHR DVR.
The LG app produces a sharper and brighter picture than the Shield app.
Unfortunately fast forward, rewind, and pause are not working on the LG app yet.
Since the LG app is pretty new I assume there will be updates to fix these issues.
Hopefully the LG ecosystem will support fast forward, rewind, and pause.
The picture quality is outstanding.

EDIT 11-15-2020: FF, RW, and Pause are now working.
Last edited by SageMyth on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

pungo
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by pungo »

neoark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am Hello,

I am unable to start the application on 2020 LG CX. I get the following error:

using webos api
Error while trying to discover devices: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Can anyone confirm if they got it to play on CX 2020? My device is on the same network.

Model: HDHR3-CC
I was getting this error on my 2017 LG OLED E7 with HDHR3-CC.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it started working.
No idea why it started working, but I've been successfully using it on and off for several days.
I mostly use WMC on win7, but wanted to use the LG app to check out FIOS 4k HDR channels which is an awesome picture.

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 76

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

pungo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:26 pm
neoark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am Hello,

I am unable to start the application on 2020 LG CX. I get the following error:

using webos api
Error while trying to discover devices: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Can anyone confirm if they got it to play on CX 2020? My device is on the same network.

Model: HDHR3-CC
I was getting this error on my 2017 LG OLED E7 with HDHR3-CC.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it started working.
No idea why it started working, but I've been successfully using it on and off for several days.
I mostly use WMC on win7, but wanted to use the LG app to check out FIOS 4k HDR channels which is an awesome picture.
I believe the next update for the LG app will fix this.

pungo
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by pungo »

NedS wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:06 pm
pungo wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:26 pm
neoark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am Hello,

I am unable to start the application on 2020 LG CX. I get the following error:

using webos api
Error while trying to discover devices: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Can anyone confirm if they got it to play on CX 2020? My device is on the same network.

Model: HDHR3-CC
I was getting this error on my 2017 LG OLED E7 with HDHR3-CC.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and got the same error.
A few days later I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it started working.
No idea why it started working, but I've been successfully using it on and off for several days.
I mostly use WMC on win7, but wanted to use the LG app to check out FIOS 4k HDR channels which is an awesome picture.
I believe the next update for the LG app will fix this.
Did you read LG is working on a fix for this issue somewhere?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 76

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

pungo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 am Did you read LG is working on a fix for this issue somewhere?
I believe it is an issue on our side that our developers have a fix for. I will ask on Monday to confirm.

pungo
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by pungo »

NedS wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:25 pm I believe it is an issue on our side that our developers have a fix for. I will ask on Monday to confirm.
Oh, got it. I don't know why it started working for me after installing and removing the app several times, but once it started working, it never failed again so I'm leaving it alone. Just glad to finally see HDHomeRun app support for LG TVs.

SmcG
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 am

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by SmcG »

Arthur wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 am Does this app work in the UK, as it is not listed in gb.lgappstv.com?
Is it OK to download from the us.lgappstv.com?

Update
Message from LG
you will not be able to get the HDhomerun on our UK models. Each model is set to the region it is to be sold in, and will only ever find the Apps corresponding to this setting
I contacted LG Content Store support about UK availability and received this message back......

"Welcome to LG Content Store.
Your question has been submitted to 1:1 Inquiry.
HDHomeRun App Availability
Content
Please can you advise when the HDHomeRun App will be available for you customers. This App is already available for US customers. DHHomeRun advise the App is waiting for authorisation by LG.
Reply
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your email. I hope you are well.

After looking into this for you, if you would be happy for me to do so, I want to raise this as a report to our Head Office called a Voice of Customer (VOC) regarding this for you. This will be an internal process that submits feedback regarding any issue or suggestion with either products or service that you may have.

If we raise enough of these VOCs regarding this application, hopefully we can get this implemented onto our UK models as soon as possible. This will not receive a response unless we require more information from you. Is this something you might like me to do for you?

If so, please provide me with the following details so that I can raise this for you:

Postcode:
First line of address:
Preferred title: (e.g. Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms, Dr)
Contact number:
Model number:
Serial number:
Suffix code/Product number: (can be found after the model number, usually similar to “BEKWLJG”)
Date of Purchase:
Retailer:

I hope that I have helped you today. If you have any further queries regarding your device or any other LG product, I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

If you have a few moments to spare today, I would really appreciate your feedback. Please may you help us to improve our customer service by completing the brief survey at the bottom of this email which is based solely on my support? I would be incredibly grateful if you could.

Please feel free to contact us via our new Twitter account for Technical Support. You can follow us and interact with the team here -> @LGUKCare

Have a lovely rest of your day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kind Regards

Harry | LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk



Your feedback is very important to LG and will help us to improve our service.
Thank you very much for your time.

#satisfactionHere

LG Electronics Customer Support - http://www.lg.com/uk/support"

So if we want it then we need lots of people to write to the helpdesk and request it.

wtg
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:21 am
Device ID: PRIME 131A6C2B

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by wtg »

@NedS, any word on when and if the DVR service will be supported?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 76

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

wtg wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:22 pm @NedS, any word on when and if the DVR service will be supported?
The DVR service is already supported in the LG app.

wtg
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:21 am
Device ID: PRIME 131A6C2B

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by wtg »

NedS wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:57 pm
wtg wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:22 pm @NedS, any word on when and if the DVR service will be supported?
The DVR service is already supported in the LG app.
Except a number of us have reported that it doesn't. Instead we receive the message "Your HD HomeRun DVR wasn't found."

Post Reply