New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
JasonS

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by JasonS »

Actually i was wrong my TV model is 75sj8570-ub

vossar

Post by vossar »

For the DRM issue with the LG App, below is what Silicon Support emailed me. It couldn't be more vague.

Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Subject: Re: Re: HDHomeRun for LG Televisions

The HDHomeRun app for LG smart TVs does not currently support DRM-restricted channels. We are still evaluating support for DRM-restricted channels on the LG platform.

- Silicondust Support

richaa78

Post by richaa78 »

Hi, I can't see this app either, I'm based in the UK.

steve1214

Post by steve1214 »

Tried the app on my 2019 LG OLED65C9PUA and my 2017 LG UH8500. Bothe work fine except the DRM channels as others have reported. Also takes about 10 sec between channel changes. Otherwise works great.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

richaa78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 am Hi, I can't see this app either, I'm based in the UK.
The app is currently approved for North America, but we should have it rolled out for other countries soon.

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88

Post by Mediaman »

The app is a nice start. If you can figure out time shifting in their system it would help with continuity of design and probably the next step in the evolution towards full continuity, if possible.

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Hi,

Can you provide an update when will be available in UK LG store ?

The recent Apple TV app is now in uk store normally the app isn’t restricted by region as a dimension.

Any guidance you have is appreciated.
Thanks

NedS wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:32 am
richaa78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 am Hi, I can't see this app either, I'm based in the UK.
The app is currently approved for North America, but we should have it rolled out for other countries soon.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The UK is a different region for LG - apps are approved by a different team.

We are talking with the UK team at LG.

Nick

TheJedi

Post by TheJedi »

With an HDHomeRun Prime 3, how would storage work for DVR or pause functionality? What are the storage options I can go with? PC with an SMB network share?

w9wi

Post by w9wi »

neoark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am Hello,

I am unable to start the application on 2020 LG CX. I get the following error:

using webos api
Error while trying to discover devices: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Can anyone confirm if they got it to play on CX 2020? My device is on the same network.

Model: HDHR3-CC
I'm having the same issue & same error message. Not sure whether mine is a CX but the model is UM6900PUA with software 04.80.30. (updated today) I forget which model my HDHR is but it's working fine with the Roku app on the same WiFi network.

vexingv

Live TV; pause/rewind/fast forward?

Post by vexingv »

I normally use the HDHomerun with my Nvidia Shield and other various devices, but this is a nice addition for a native TV app.

I have a HDHR-Extend (and the new 4K as well that i just hooked up) as well as an LG OLED C9. How long is the pause buffer or live buffer? And is that recording to the TV's storage somehow? I noticed that I can pause, and of course resume, but am not able to rewind or fast forward. Does that require the HDHomerun models that have built-in storage?

CharonPDX

Post by CharonPDX »

Works fine on my 2018 LG 4K TV with my just-arrived HDHR 4K.

There are supposedly many ATSC 3.0 stations broadcasting in my city. The my.hdhomerun.com link scan only shows "HD", though - no obvious sign that any of the channels are operating on ATSC 3.0.

A couple oddities on the LG app - when changing channels, the whole screen "flashes" black momentarily, including the overlays. The overlays (including channel listing at top left) disappear very quickly. So when you change channels, you don't get to see what channel you changed to for very long. Combined with a fairly long delay switching stations, it can make for confusion - "click" nothing happens "click" nothing happens "click" THREE CHANNEL CHANGE! Maybe. Maybe only two. I'm not certain because it doesn't show what channel I'm on.

demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377, 108042A1

Post by demonrik »

Works on both OLED-B6 and C7
Channel changing takes a while
Seems to get initial image and the pauses the video while it syncs to the audio and then good.
No option for beta UI, or diagnostics that I can see, just account and start page
Fonts seem a little smaller/cleaner than the AndroidTV version - I prefer it.

f29pc

Post by f29pc »

It works on my lg OLED55B9 (sort of). It finds my scribe and shows the dvr is active, however I can only pause and play in live. There is no timeshift, I can press ff/rewind but it wont f2f or rewnd. It only will play from the point it was paused.. Is the time shift suppose to work in this app?

pernick

Post by pernick »

neoark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 am Hello,

I am unable to start the application on 2020 LG CX. I get the following error:

using webos api
Error while trying to discover devices: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Can anyone confirm if they got it to play on CX 2020? My device is on the same network.

Model: HDHR3-CC
I have a brand new LG CX model. The app is now installed but after launching the app, the screen is completely dark with no sound. Any amount of waiting for something to happen is for naught & there are no error messages.

What might be the issue?