Apple TV App - Logitech Remote Cannot Change Channels

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
hegemon13

Apple TV App - Logitech Remote Cannot Change Channels

Post by hegemon13 »

I use a Logitech Remote w/ Harmony Hub, and it controls all aspects of the AppleTV normally. However, with the new HDHomeRun app, I can't change channels. Using the original Apple remote, I can swipe up and down on the touchpad to change channels, but the up and down arrow keys on the Logitech remote don't work. Using the arrow keys works fine everywhere else in the UX and in every other app I use. Can you update the app to support the up/down arrow codes for changing channels, and not just the touchpad?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Apple TV App - Logitech Remote Cannot Change Channels

Post by NedS »

We're working on it.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Re: Apple TV App - Logitech Remote Cannot Change Channels

Post by foxbat121 »

hegemon13 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 am I use a Logitech Remote w/ Harmony Hub, and it controls all aspects of the AppleTV normally. However, with the new HDHomeRun app, I can't change channels. Using the original Apple remote, I can swipe up and down on the touchpad to change channels, but the up and down arrow keys on the Logitech remote don't work. Using the arrow keys works fine everywhere else in the UX and in every other app I use. Can you update the app to support the up/down arrow codes for changing channels, and not just the touchpad?
Here is a workaround:
Press ok/select button which should bring out the bottom and channel UI. But the focus is on left most Pause icon. Use right direction button to move it all the way to channels. Then you can select channels there.