Roku DVR

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
bzmirich

Roku DVR

Post by bzmirich »

Hi....new Quattro owner.
Everything in general seems to be working great. I resolved some audio issues on my roku tvs. I recently set up the dvr on a windows 10 PC. I can acces the recorded shows on all devices (tv's, smart phones, laptop etc). The problem is the Roku devices. I see that the interface in general is different on rokus than other devices. BUT, it seems that I cannot record anything from ROKU, only watch recorded shows (or live shows). For now, I'm setting up the recordings on other devices, but I'm trying to find out if it's a bug or settings issue or is there really no ability to record from a roku device? I have not seen anyone mention this issue in this forum or on reddit, so I'm hoping its a glitch on my end. Thanks for any advice.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Roku DVR

Post by signcarver »

According to docs:
The app also cannot be used to schedule recordings at this time

See https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/roku

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

At the moment the Roku is just a viewer, so any recordings that are scheduled on another device (PC, phone, tablet, etc) will show up on the Roku as well. There are also some limitations on the Roku platform that we can't get past, such as in-progress recordings probably won't be viewable (they'll have to compelete first, otherwise the Roku video player panics and stops playback). Scheduling a recording should be doable, though. We have gotten a lot of demand to be able to schedule recordings from the Roku client, so it is something we are looking at. I don't have an ETA for when something like this would be added, there's a lot going on at the moment internally, but it's definitely on our radar.

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42, 108007F1

Post by NTC »

I would like to +1 to add scheduling to record on the Roku app.

I use the Roku Ultra 2020 to play back HEVC/AC4 recordings from the HDHR5-4K, and it would be REALLY nice to not have to open the app from another device to schedule the record.

Thanks.